sharetrader
Page 353 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 2533033433493503513523533543553563573634034538531353 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 17397
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Percy they probably have a Diversity Policy. I would just like to see what it looks like and what they are doing in achieving any objectives

They met minimum listing requirements in the 2013 Annual Report with a little table showing 1 female out of 14 Directors and Officers. No commentary. NZX has recommended that companies make an effort and do a commentary around diversity strategies

You like how PGW operate. They do a good job on their website and in their Annual Reports in this regard.

I am not saying that they need 20% of seniors to be female or whatever . I just want to know if diversity is even on the strategic agenda. Remember (NZX quote from guidelines) There is credible research based evidence which suggests that diversity, and gender diversity in particular, contribute to improved performance at both Board and senior management level.

We'll see what eventuates
    I feel sure Heartland boards are fully aware of NZX,Reserve Bank,the community, and any other recommendations that would enhance the good reputation Heartland enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I feel sure Heartland boards are fully aware of NZX,Reserve Bank,the community, and any other recommendations that would enhance the good reputation Heartland enjoy.

Appreciate that - so a little more embellishment on the bare minimum requirements in this years Annual Report as per NZX recommendations

Not moaning from a governance point of view - genuinely interested in whether it is strategic or not as great companies are open and proud about their diversity, in all its forms

Hate them to end up like A2 Corp who had to do this last year

ANNREP: ATM: 2013 Annual Report - Diversity

It has come to our attention that the 2103 Annual Report for A2 Corporation
    did not contain a quantitative breakdown as to the gender composition of its
    staff.

The relevant statistics, as at 30 June 2013 and today, are attached
    End CA:00245595 For:ATM Type:ANNREP Time:2013-12-23 08:50:15

I'm not really sure that all that many people care to be honest W69.
    Surely people should be employed and promoted based solely on their abilities without regard to gender, race, religion, creed or the treaty of Waitangi or any other cultural or ethnicity sensitivity.
    We live in a PC world where being PC has got away on itself more than a little bit in my opinion.

P.S. I nearly forgot, I talked myself into buying more today
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-09-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Banned

Even if the evidence on gender diversity is sound, any company is free to ignore it. Who cares? If HNZ is missing out (which I seriously doubt) it's their problem. The Clark era's over.
    I have no respect for this policy of NZX's.
    Last edited by bunter; 05-09-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation And there is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Surely people should be employed and promoted based solely on their abilities without regard to gender, race, religion, creed or the treaty of Waitangi or any other cultural or ethnicity sensitivity.
    We live in a PC world where being PC has got away on itself more than a little bit in my opinion....
    They should - but instead they keep bringing in middle and old aged 'persons of european descent' whose annual report photograph can be used to frighten small children (and Tigers).

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 05-09-2014 at 08:30 PM. Reason: formatting left a little to be desired
    om mani peme hum

I'm not really sure that all that many people care to be honest W69.
    I think it's fair that W69 raises the lack of gender diversity and it would be good if more people took notice. Of course this doesn't mean that they should appoint people who lack the right credentials, but diversity can bring a lot of less noticeable benefits.

What's that old cliché...oh yes, you can't put an old head on young shoulders. I like highly experienced older bankers, they've seen all the bull**** there is to be seen.

What's that old cliché...oh yes, you can't put an old head on young shoulders. I like highly experienced older bankers, they've seen all the bull**** there is to be seen.
    I was at the recent AGM of FMG Insurance. A mutual. Voting for more cash for Directors. I suggested we put the job out to tender. Since there were four candidates for three positions, all being approved by FMG as suitable, it seemed we could select the three who put in the lowest tenders.
    Also, there are now strong rumours that Heartland are going to update their website.
    I must add that I am doing ok with Heartland, plus Meridian and Mighty River.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    I was at the recent AGM of FMG Insurance. A mutual. Voting for more cash for Directors. I suggested we put the job out to tender. Since there were four candidates for three positions, all being approved by FMG as suitable, it seemed we could select the three who put in the lowest tenders.
    Also, there are now strong rumours that Heartland are going to update their website.
    I must add that I am doing ok with Heartland, plus Meridian and Mighty River.
    Did you consider voting for the candidates you thought may achieve the most for FMG? I would have.
    Any mention of a "diversity policy"?Being an insurance company I would expect they would have a range of "diversity policies."
    I must say www.heartland.co.nz is a very good website,so I look forward to seeing it when it is updated.Good section on careers.
    Pleased you are doing OK with your shares..
    Last edited by percy; 05-09-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Your hero Norah was a great diversity champion .... or put up as the poster person

I think age and cultural background are just as importance as gender
    Norway is probably the most high profile country to implement gender quotas for listed companies quite some years ago and has 40% of Directors as females. All studies since then have concluded that the high percentage of female Board Members has not lead to an increase in the number of women moving up the executive pipeline. In fact they have fewer CEOs and senior Executives than the European average and many high profile female Executives are now openly speaking out against the gender (diversity) quotas as being a failed experiment.
    Just select the best persons possible for the task, whatever their gender or cultural background.