sharetrader
Page 361 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 2613113513573583593603613623633643653714114618611361 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 17397
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Thanks for that, very interesting eh

Fascinating that the way is heading there I going to be more money in setting something up and collecting fees along the way than taking money in and lending at a margin.

So this Lending Club is worth more than HNZ

Wonder what HarMoney will be worth in 3 years time?
    No idea. But Heartland was up 2c when the announcement came through it had acquired a 10% stake.

2c x 463.3m Heartland shares = $9.26m. So HarMoney in total must be worth

$9.26m/ 0.1 = $92.6m today, according to Heartland shareholders.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 15-02-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    No idea. But Heartland was up 2c when the announcement came through it had acquired a 10% stake.

2c x 463.3m Heartaland shares = $9.26m. So HarMoney in total must be worth

$9.26m/ 0.1 = $92.6m today, according to Heartland shareholders.

SNOOPY
    They are worth another $500 now, as I had to have a look at this. Let's keep track of the system and progress?
    Soolaimon

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    I assumed Farmers paid off debt in good times. If they had negative cashflow after last seasons huge payout, they will be in big trouble this season.
    Yes, and that goes back to the point I made originally. Farmers will use the lowest cost of funds loan they need. If they have the equity to pay for their farm inputs the cost of funds is zero on that. So they will pay from their cash balances. Second lowest cost of funds would be to incorporate into their mortgage. Third lowest cost of funds is to obtain those funds from a second tier lender like Heartland. So just because farmers are doing well does not mean that Heartland will be doing great business in their agriculture loan book. Farmers doing well could be bad news for Heartland. That would be one explanation of the declining agricultural loan book.

SNOOPY

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
    They are worth another $500 now, as I had to have a look at this. Let's keep track of the system and progress?
    Don't confuse an investor putting in $500 into HarMoney with increasing the value of HarMoney by $500. The value of Harmoney will be ultimately be determined by the profit they make on their loans. Not the amount of the loan. Investment capital avilable to loan and profit are completely different things.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 09-09-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Looks like Heartland money going direct to borrowers through the Harmoney platform

And Percy please note Jeff mentions these young Internet savvy people who love these sort of things. Young of mind eh.

http://www.interest.co.nz/business/7...ender-harmoney
    Last edited by winner69; 09-09-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks for the links W69.
    In my view they should have at least secured exclusive access to be the preferred financial institution backing lending through this platform, as an integral part of the deal.
    10% is hardly a stupendous stake and non access to preferential lending waters the significance of this deal down further in my opinion, but that could in a perverse way be a good thing. My bitter experience with finance companies leads me to the conclusion that young people are generally a very risky bet when it comes to lending. We have the new, (I forget what they call them), (its late and I had a glass or two of wine with my excellent dinner my wife prepared, God bless her), but its short form bankruptcy, no assets, under $40,000 in debt and people can go through only a 12 month bankruptcy process and come out the other side.
    I understand many, many hundreds of Geneva Finance's customers have done this and you can see how they have performed over the years and my comments on that company in the Geneva thread. HNZ might find they get a salient lesson in Gen Y and Gen X's propensity toward financial recklessness if they're not extremly cautious through this platform.

I know others are all excited about this but I'm definitely a sceptic. That said, as previously posted at some length I believe HNZ remain very good value of a forward PE basis so if the market is happy to move the stock more towards where I see its intrinsic value in 12 months I'm not going to argue with it, nor do I intend to fight the trend.
    It could well be that the stock is simply going up ahead of the dividend, like we have seen recently with several other examples such as AIR and PGW to name just two.
    I seriously doubt the market ascribes anything like the value in this minor acquisition that the increase in the market capitalisation would suggest.
    That would be a big YEAH RIGHT to $92.6m in accretive NPV and someone hand me another Tui's...no, make that another glass of wine
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-09-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Harmoney launch on radio

http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/player/20149020

How can Heartland go wrong?

Digital platform / peer to peer / fast and pleasant experience / $100m in funding / 12% returns

All good stuff ....exciting new world

Go HarMoney

Harmoney getting everybody upset already......

Subject: Please Read - New Harmoney Finance Company - Deceiving Tactics
    Hi Fellow competitors

It has come to our attention that this new Finance company is using deceiving tactics to pretend to be our finance company names (stealing our identity) to gain business when searching on the web.

If you search on Google under your finance name you will get the Harmoney website listed with your company name.

The legal position where we have a case is the following:

· passing off (a tort) - the law of passing off prevents traders from appropriating the goodwill of their competitors by passing off their business as either being that of or associated with the business of another; and
    · Fair Trading Act issues – i.e. misleading and deceptive conduct.

I suggest you contact your own legal team to take action and nip this in the bud immediately.

Also I suggest you tell any other finance companies that I have not emailed in this list.

Example below

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two Gloves View Post
    Harmoney getting everybody upset already......

Subject: Please Read - New Harmoney Finance Company - Deceiving Tactics
    Hi Fellow competitors

It has come to our attention that this new Finance company is using deceiving tactics to pretend to be our finance company names (stealing our identity) to gain business when searching on the web.

If you search on Google under your finance name you will get the Harmoney website listed with your company name.

The legal position where we have a case is the following:

· passing off (a tort) - the law of passing off prevents traders from appropriating the goodwill of their competitors by passing off their business as either being that of or associated with the business of another; and
    · Fair Trading Act issues – i.e. misleading and deceptive conduct.

I suggest you contact your own legal team to take action and nip this in the bud immediately.

Also I suggest you tell any other finance companies that I have not emailed in this list.

Example below

Whoever needs to get with it?

Not Internet savvy are they.

Can't they see the little AD next to Harmoney

That's how things work these days. You need to know

Sho