sharetrader
Page 367 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 2673173573633643653663673683693703713774174678671367 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 17414

Don't suppose you could cut and paste for those of us who aren't subscribers to Consumer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Don't suppose you could cut and paste for those of us who aren't subscribers to Consumer ?
    Im not a member either, however thought they might give some info, if someones a consumer member can you please put up the main points - cheers

Im a saver and investor not a cosumer like the majority of the population - so dont require consumer mag.

My portfolio has been consuming a few more HNZ shares lately though!
    Last edited by NZSilver; 15-09-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Im not a member either, however thought they might give some info, if someones a consumer member can you please put up the main points - cheers

Im a saver and investor not a cosumer like the majority of the population - so dont require consumer mag.

A fellow Miser and Scrooge, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post

Starting with a generic article about reverse mortgages and the pitfalls to avoid. Mentioning the standards of Ministry of Social Development - and comparing the offers of the four NZ players: SBS, ASB, Heartland and TSB. They offer some examples what a reverse mortgage would mean to people of different ages and have a quite extensive table comparing the conditions of the four players (which I won't copy /paste - I assume copyright law apply as well for discussion forums).

Just in a nutshell .. on face value the SBS offer looks best (all the guarantees, but lowest interest rate). ASB and Heartland look pretty similar (though ASB's cool off period is much longer but ASB's loan is not transferrable to a retirement village, Heartland's is - and Heartland features the highest application fee as well as the highest interest rate of all four lenders). TSB is not really comparable (no negative equity guarantee). As well some differences in maximum loan as percentage of house value (HNZ in the middle) and whether they allow transfer of a security to a retirement village (some - incl HNZ do, others don't).

If I wanted a reverse mortgage, than based on this article I would first talk with SBS (but might change my mind based on further investigations I am now not going to do) - and Heartland would be the last cab off the rank. Wouldn't consider TSB.

Sorry - probably shouldn't put this summary into a thread full of Heartland fans ....

Discl: was holding but sold out some time ago and based on the article unlikely to buy in soon again ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 15-09-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: fixing typo's

Thanks for the succinct summary BP.

percy

BlackPeter,thank you.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    If I wanted a reverse mortgage, than based on this article I would first talk with SBS (but might change my mind based on further investigations I am now not going to do) - and Heartland would be the last cab off the rank. Wouldn't consider TSB.
    So from this I take out two things:

1. the scheme is the second best on the market from a banks/shareholders perceptive.
    2. if they want to increase demand/market share, they have scope to do so without forcing a price war.

As such, once this gets fully integrated, HNZ will either be able able to reap the benefits of the higher returns or meet the market price to increase market share. Great to have options.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    So from this I take out two things:

1. the scheme is the second best on the market from a banks/shareholders perceptive.
    2. if they want to increase demand/market share, they have scope to do so without forcing a price war.

As such, once this gets fully integrated, HNZ will either be able able to reap the benefits of the higher returns or meet the market price to increase market share. Great to have options.
    I agree and I am not at all concerned that HNZ are not the cheapest in the market. You need to make decent margins considering the nature of the product.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    Not with the uncertainty of the election on Saturday. Possibly if National scores an outright victory, then we could see $1.05 by Monday next. I wouldn't mind if they price weakened a tad though, as I would like to buy a few more. One could say that I am not quite well-positioned just yet.
    What sad news.!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    What sad news.!
    :-)))))))))))))))))))))