sharetrader
Page 370 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 2703203603663673683693703713723733743804204708701370 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 17360
    Advanced Member

Default Share Price XD

I hate the way the ANZ/DB site adjusts the SP down by the amount of the dividend when the share goes XD. I assume that this is what is happening anyway. Anyone have any idea of the rational for this ? Do the other sites (ASB ? ) do this as well ? Doesn't make much sense to do this to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I hate the way the ANZ/DB site adjusts the SP down by the amount of the dividend when the share goes XD. I assume that this is what is happening anyway. Anyone have any idea of the rational for this ? Do the other sites (ASB ? ) do this as well ? Doesn't make much sense to do this to me.
    ASB has HNZ down 3 cents today so they don't seem to adjust for divies

Trap - on some sites the change shown is from the days opening price, on others from the previous days close.

But what ws your question?

Advanced Member

I was wondering what the rationale was ? And if other sites did the same ? It seems that ASB does not...thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ASB has HNZ down 3 cents today so they don't seem to adjust for divies
    ?
    It was adjusted 3.5c at opening this morning. It's just fluctuated a bit since. Also, I assumed all trades were adjusted by the amount of the divie but apparently they just clear the lot

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Okebw View Post
    It was adjusted 3.5c at opening this morning. It's just fluctuated a bit since. Also, I assumed all trades were adjusted by the amount of the divie but apparently they just clear the lot
    All the trades yesterday were cd therefore were correct. Every morning the prior day trades (in all stocks whether dividend involved or not) are removed as they are now history. New day begins.

First trade gives new share price and that is compared with the previous days closing price and the difference , up or down, is indicated. ASB obviously don't adjust for the dividend and ANZ do. As long as you know is all that matters. Personally I think ANZ's way reflects the true situation.

I see what you mean now. I was going off the current price ( currently $1 up 1.5c) and was using that as the opening which would be correct. However it doesn't match the open box in the summary statistics

Guru

The first trade of the day was 99c. The theoretical price was 98.5 (102-3.5) therefore up by .5c. Latest trade is 100 therefore up 1.5c.

Not sure what you refer to when saying summary statistics.

777 thanks for the tip on the diary on ANZ/DB site.

And I fully agree with you on them showing the +/- based on previous price less div. That is the correct way. Sometime I forgot to check whether it is CD or XD and was wondering why ANZ/DB show + when the SP clearly drop and then realised it is XD.

But your post on all previous bids removed each morning is not right. They are only removed when a share goes from CD to XD. I often leave a buy or sell order for days and sometimes it gets fill a few days later.

Guru

Cool Bear I was referring to trades being deleted as alluded to by Okebw (post 3241) not the bids. He may of course have meant to say bids.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Cool Bear I was referring to trades being deleted as alluded to by Okebw (post 3241) not the bids. He may of course have meant to say bids.
    oops sorry, my mistake.