sharetrader
Page 372 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 2723223623683693703713723733743753763824224728721372 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 17397
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Well well a close at 101. Not surprising really

A pretty solid day as well. The price didn't fall once.

Is this essentially a new HIGH then, allowing for the recent dividend?

Makes a mockery of the broker targets eh, must be some new reports coming out now. Methinks they haven't done their sums right.

When will they publish the book with the pretty pictures Percy? Might even mention diversity.
    Closed tonight at $1.04 [ex 3.5cents div last week].
    I am very pleasantly surprised,as I thought the share price may have got ahead of itself.
    Maybe the modest PE and increasing fully imputed divie are attracting more investors?
    Do you think we can look forward to a new round of broker targets?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yeap overall its good to see a good stable political platform that should provide a positive environment for corporate growth.
    I'm a little underwhelmed by the market's reaction today but given the Nat's were short priced favourites the market by close seems to have taken the near certainty of the election result in its stride and its a marathon not a sprint.
    There's good opportunities for people to put cash to work and this is definitely one of best of them, one of the few companies on the NZX with sound growth prospects a great dividend yield and trading on a very reasonable price earnings ratio. We are well positioned
    Rog , think you might owe Percy a royalty for that last line !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post

Do you think we can look forward to a new round of broker targets?

If the broker / analysts are doing a quarter decent job there will be a new round of targets

The analysts have been wimps to date

They sometime forget that their role (along with insto shareholders) is to set HNZ a target which will stretch them a bit. Analysts et all have been too soft on HNZ to date - they need to get a bit more demanding to make sure HNZ deliver what they are capable off.

Shouldn't worry HNZ - they have plenty of petrol in the tank. The guidance of $42-$45m is just a start, hell they made that number up zonks ago didn't they
    Last edited by winner69; 22-09-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Rog , think you might owe Percy a royalty for that last line !!!!
    LOL, I think you might be right

If the broker / analysts are doing a quarter decent job there will be a new round of targets
    There won't be any new targets unless there is some news to report. Harmoney does not count as it is not really material to earnings. Perhaps the AGM will provide a profit upgrade. I doubt it. More likely a new acquisition. Happy to be wrong.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

percy

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    There won't be any new targets unless there is some news to report. Harmoney does not count as it is not really material to earnings. Perhaps the AGM will provide a profit upgrade. I doubt it. More likely a new acquisition. Happy to be wrong.
    That makes sense to me.

The believers and devoted followers already know this good stuff but it will give you the warm fuzzies anyway

http://www.kpmg.com/NZ/en/IssuesAndI...-June-2014.pdf

Main point is look at some June Qtr ratios v the trend (esp MIM and expenses) and ask yourself how the heck can HNZ come up with a $42m guidance number for FY15. They must think we are stupid and the broker analyst have fallen for it as well.

Practice your standing ovation at the ASM Roger - it needs to be a rousing one

percy

The believers and devoted followers already know this good stuff but it will give you the warm fuzzies anyway

Main point is look at some June Qtr ratios v the trend (esp MIM and expenses) and ask yourself how the heck can HNZ come up with a $42m guidance number for FY15. They must think we are stupid and the broker analyst have fallen for it as well.

Thanks for the link Winner69.
    I look forward to finding time to read the article properly later today.On a quick skim through I am very pleasantly surprised at how quickly Heartland have achieved such good ratios amongst their peers.The interest rate margin stood out.
    Future projections are "interesting" and I look forward to Heartland's update at the agm,and brokers updates,?!
    However what makes me really confident, is the fact Heartland is proving what a fine ,well managed,well funded business it is.Future growth,with growing dividends has been assured by the very sound solid foundations Heartland put in place.
    Last edited by percy; 25-09-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks for the link W69. That's very impressive margin expansion from already impressive level's !!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks for the link W69. That's very impressive margin expansion from already impressive level's !!
    Yes indeed

Reading between the lines of HNZ presentations and reports and public statements those June quarter numbers just show that currently there is real earnings momentum embedded in HNZ. That momentum is not reflected in a guidance figure of $42m

Broker / Analysts need to do a better job in keeping HNZ honest. I posted something along those lines last might but it was suggested / advised by someone to delete the post so I did. Strange world we live in.
    Last edited by winner69; 25-09-2014 at 08:49 AM.