sharetrader
Page 380 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 2803303703763773783793803813823833843904304808801380 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 17397
    Advanced Member

Why all these constant questions going back and forth ??

Either you have DYOR.. Or You have not !!...

Disc. Holding and building..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Why all these constant questions going back and forth ??..
    Isn't that what you do on a Forum?

Disc: holding.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Isn't that what you do on a Forum?

Disc: holding.
    With so much repetition !!..

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    W69. Realistically mate I am sure you would quietly agree its too early in the 2015 FY for any possibility of a forecast upgrade.
    Well, they nearly 4 months into the year so surely they know what H1 looks like.

I reckon $23m as bare minimum for H1 - what you reckon?

Anything less would would keep a trend in place but suggest HEL is adding any value at all, zilch

I reckon they'll know how the first quarter has gone by Friday next week. Its too early in the year to start speculating on a possible 2015 upgrade. Just let some more water flow under the bridge mate.

Chief risk office resigns today after a 4 year term. This messes with my head a bit because normally if its an amicable parting of the ways there's an agreement by the incumbent senior exec to stay on until a replacement is found.
    Its what is not said in the NZX announcement that causes some grounds for concern and backs up my gut feel that the way HNZ is moving is more towards the consumer finance end of the risk spectrum which isn't where I feel especially comfortable after almost every man, his dog and his cat lost a great deal of money in this sector as a result of literally dozens of finance companies collapsing during the GFC.
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/d...ew-zealandhtml

Stock appears to have become stuck in the current 99-100 rut lately. Thoughts ???
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-10-2014 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Added Link

Default The positives.

Resignation of Chief Risk Officer
    12:13pm, 24 Oct 2014 | OFFICE
    NZX Release

24 October 2014

Resignation of Chief Risk Officer

Heartland New Zealand Limited (NZX: HNZ) advises that Chief Risk Officer (CRO) Mark Mountcastle has resigned but will remain with Heartland until 30 November 2014.

Mark Mountcastle has been CRO at Heartland since July 2010. Jeff Greenslade, Heartland’s Chief Executive Officer, said that during his time at Heartland Mark has made a significant contribution and has created a strong risk culture within the organisation.

Heartland has commenced a recruitment process for a new Chief Risk Officer and expects to announce a successor to Mr Mountcastle shortly. In the meantime, Chief Financial Officer, Simon Owen, has been appointed Acting Chief Risk Officer.

-Ends-

For additional information contact:

Jeff Greenslade
    Chief Executive Officer
    Heartland New Zealand Limited
    DDI 09 927 9149
    M 021 563 593

Mark Mountcasle is only leaving at the end of November 14 (5 weeks away), and HNZ seems comfortable with a temporary fix, the CFO will will be the Acting Chief Risk Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Chief risk office resigns today after a 4 year term. This messes with my head a bit because normally if its an amicable parting of the ways there's an agreement by the incumbent senior exec to stay on until a replacement is found.
    Its what is not said in the NZX announcement that causes some grounds for concern and backs up my gut feel that the way HNZ is moving is more towards the consumer finance end of the risk spectrum which isn't where I feel especially comfortable after almost every man, his dog and his cat lost a great deal of money in this sector as a result of literally dozens of finance companies collapsing during the GFC.
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/d...ew-zealandhtml

Stock appears to have become stuck in the current 99-100 rut lately. Thoughts ???
    At least he wasn't fired

I am thinking I got it all wrong with HNZ and in spite of all the nice slides and good stories maybe the good times are coming to an end and things are going to be a struggle from here on.

Talk of financial engineering to increase ROE and your comments re risk don't give me the warm fuzzies.

I need mor than nice slides and rhetoric next Friday to be comfortable ....I need some real stuff ....a 'we are comfortable with our $42m to $45m guidance' just won't cut it. That would be bad news and confirm that things are tougher than last year

percy

Having done an excellent job at Heartland, Mark has most probably moved to a bigger better job.
    We lost Craig Stephen to a big position with Tainui about a year ago.
    Heartland will look good on anybody's CV.
    Normal coming and going to me.
    What is important is the fact Jeff Greenslade has been able to attract the people he wants.
    I am sorry I will not be able to attend the agm next Friday,however I am confident I will be able to read the presentations,and look forward to sharetraders'reports of the meeting.
    I am a very contented shareholder,over joyed with the progress the company has made,and feel sure Heartland have a big contribution to
    make to NZ's future, by providing heartland NZ with excellent banking services.
    Last edited by percy; 24-10-2014 at 03:37 PM.

There's a button in edit for delete's mate. You've got to hit delete and then click on the little square box to the left of the page that also says delete.

W69 - My B.S. metre is now on switched on and tuned to maximum sensitivity. They didn't need this just before the ASM. With timing like this (I do not believe in coincidences), I can't help my mind wandering and wondering if the executive in question isn't trying to telegraph a message to shareholders ? OTOH maybe I'm reading too much into this... at the moment I seem to be sniffing risk with a higher degree of sensitivity than a beagle dog at the airport, maybe I should apply for the job lol.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-10-2014 at 03:43 PM.