sharetrader
Page 387 of 1731 FirstFirst ... 2873373773833843853863873883893903913974374878871387 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 17301

Rumour doing the rounds in professional circles in Auckland today was that a silly old accountant in Titirangi was playing with his abacus today.
    $11m first quarter, $12m second quarter, $13m third quarter, $14m fourth quarter as they continue to build their book of high margin loans = $50m for 2015.
    This was said to get him in a happy mood so he then kept playing and worked out that if growth continued at the same rate that would amount to $66m for 2016. $66m over $490m =EPS of 13.46 x PE of say 12 = $1.61 in two years....hmmm....Something so simple couldn't possibly be plausible though could it

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Rumour doing the rounds in professional circles in Auckland today was that a silly old accountant in Titirangi was playing with his abacus today.
    $11m first quarter, $12m second quarter, $13m third quarter, $14m fourth quarter as they continue to build their book of high margin loans = $50m for 2015.
    This was said to get him in a happy mood so he then kept playing and worked out that if growth continued at the same rate that would amount to $66m for 2016. $66m over $490m =EPS of 13.46 x PE of say 12 = $1.61 in two years....hmmm....Something so simple couldn't possibly be plausible though could it
    Yes it definately could and i would say is on the cards,lets not forget they are in asset buying mode,and if they havn't bought something significant by then,they would have gone to sleep haha.
    I'm not an accountant but this is so likely i'm staying in this time without trading out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Funny enough that's essentially how they been tracking for the last 3 half years.

Earnings for the last 3 half half years have consistently been $3m more than the previous half year. So you $1m plus $2m equals $3m for a half year ....just how they have been tracking in the past.

However you probably wrong - past performance is no guarantee of future performance

Of course not .....things get better. They have those old people loans now and they must get something out of that eh. Your $50m a bit short of reality methinks.

I cracked Jeffs code a while ago. I know how he came up with $34m-$37m last year and how he came up with $42m to $45m for this year. The magic formula comes up with the guidance and you manage to just below the top end, I make no mention what you manage so no jumping to conclusions

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Yes it definately could and i would say is on the cards,lets not forget they are in asset buying mode,and if they havn't bought something significant by then,they would have gone to sleep haha.
    I'm not an accountant but this is so likely i'm staying in this time without trading out.
    C'mon kizame, roger is just being plain silly.

i told him not to read the Xero thread.

Look what it's done to him. He's valuing a boring old bank like one of these fandangled SaaS companies.

Never mind he will get over it and do a proper valuation of Heartland the old fashioned way like he knows best. The answer will probably be $50m for FY15

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    C'mon kizame, roger is just being plain silly.

i told him not to read the Xero thread.

Look what it's done to him. He's valuing a boring old bank like one of these fandangled SaaS compani
    Never mind he will get over it and do a proper valuation of Heartland the old fashioned way like he knows best. The answer will probably be $50m for FY15
    Exellent! It takes a lot to get an accountant excited,about anything really. So if he's excited,then the normally really excited people have gone very quiet,hmmn.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Exellent! It takes a lot to get an accountant excited,about anything really. So if he's excited,then the normally really excited people have gone very quiet,hmmn.
    'Well positioned' and all its variants are so old hat aren't they kizame

I heard the usually staid as Rod Duke on the radio today say Briscoes profits are going to be 'spectacular' ......jeez that's excitement

Heartland too tightly controlled to allow Jeff to use such words - isn't that boring

I decree the use of 'well positioned' or any variant thereof is banned on this thread
    Last edited by winner69; 06-11-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Advanced Member

I heard the usually staid as Rod Duke on the radio today say Briscoes profits are going to be 'spectacular' ......jeez that's excitement

Heartland too tightly controlled to allow Jeff to use such words - isn't that boring

I decree the use of 'well positioned' or any variant thereof is banned on this thread

Agreeeeed !!.. Cough Cough.. Slip of the pen..

percy !!.. Ve haf our veye's off making you obey !!!

Zere vill be kno more attrition ( Attention ).. drawn TO OUR veb SITE.. YA !!..

percy

I think a lot of people would agree with you,and other late comers, to the Heartland success story.However a great number of sharetraders who brought Heartland and the "well positioned"posts at 58 cents ,68 cents,78 cents and 88cents would say it has served them well.If it works,why ban it??????????????? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think a lot of people would agree with you,and other late comers, to the Heartland success story.However a great number of sharetraders who brought Heartland and the "well positioned"posts at 58 cents ,68 cents,78 cents and 88cents would say it has served them well.If it works,why ban it??????????????? lol.
    The past is the past Percy

We are in a vibrant new world where boring is out

Spectacular is the thing now, hard to see Jeff saying such a word though

percy

The past is the past Percy

We are in a vibrant new world where boring is out

Spectacular is the thing now, hard to see Jeff saying such a word though

I am more than happy to have my money in a business built on sound old fashioned values and balance sheet strength.
    If you are looking for the vibrant new world, look elsewhere. I note it did not take you long to become bored.You can join Rod Duke at either Briscoes or Pumpkin Patch.You certainly would not be bored at either.
    May you live in exciting times.!!! lol.
    Last edited by percy; 06-11-2014 at 09:21 PM.