sharetrader
Page 425 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3253754154214224234244254264274284294354755259251425 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 17397

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Such a charitable reply W69, thanks .. um, at least I think you're being nice, are you? I've been charting and timing my investments for about 20 years. These nice simple ones are for general consumption.
    Crikey mate! You must have been hand plotting those things,as I did when i first got into it.Then I bought a PC and Metastock,man have things changed.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Crikey mate! You must have been hand plotting those things,as I did when i first got into it.Then I bought a PC and Metastock,man have things changed.
    Lol .. yes, showing my age huh? P&F charts were invented for plotting by hand. They still work just as well on a PC, better in many cases than all the nowadays fancy stuff. But hey, even if the analysis is ****e, the fancy charts are always a work of art.

Anyways, we better stick to HNZ on this thread. It's going to do very well, by all accounts, and the charts give me confidence to act.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Such a charitable reply W69, thanks .. um, at least I think you're being nice, are you? I've been charting and timing my investments for about 20 years. These nice simple ones are for general consumption.
    Of course I was being nice. Should have said -

Great charts mate and glad you thinking of what is going to happen by having the y axis well over 3 bucks

Forgiven?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Great charts mate and glad you thinking of what is going to happen by having the y axis well over 3 bucks

Forgiven?
    Hey no worries W69, I'm just trying navigate the incredibly talented commentary here, add some value myself, and filter out the dross. So I'll just say woo hoo HNZ, I'm glad to be aboard this ride and my thanks goes to the FA's, who on this occasion are significantly more bullish than anything the TA's or my charts can dream up, even if the charts are bullish.
    LOL.

Can someone please explain the unexciting forecast and share price forecast numbers / statements being used by the financial times for Heartland. (www.markets.ft.com)

They seem not to be excited at all. They also seem to be plain wrong on the forecasted share price or I must be stuffing something up (which wouldn't be the first time).

I first thought that maybe the forecasts were in $US against $NZ actual share price but the numbers don't add up. Also tried to compare to AIR to figure it and still???.

I look forward to being educated / enlightened by the experts here.

Gunny

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Forgiven?
    Gotta be gentle with the young-un's eh mate

Gunny - I can't even open that website so sorry I can't help you other than to point you to the Reuters coverage which is what I use for stocks when looking at consensus analyst forecasted EPS, sales e.t.c.
    http://www.reuters.com/finance/stock...?symbol=HNZ.NZ

I don't think analyst coverage on this stock is especially insightful. Read back through the thread. I did a comparitive review of HNZ v the smaller regional banks in Aust. Based on consensus analyst forecast EPS of 9.95 cents for 2015 HNZ is cheap by comparitive measures.
    Its also growing faster than most of the Aussie banks and dividends are fully imputed. Factor in the Aussie banks are about to have their wings clipped with new regulatory increased capital requirements, HNZ has just been granted the tailwind of reduced capital requirements and HNZ's net interest margin at a fraction under 5% is close to double the Australian banks and you begin to get the picture.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-01-2015 at 09:47 AM.

http://markets.ft.com/RESEARCH/Marke...secType=WSOD.E

See if this works.
    I agree, I don't place too much on their coverage either and agree HNZ is undervalued. In fact I am personally over weight on HNZ as a percentage of my total holdings and have been for some time although has paid off and expect this to continue, prepared to take the risk.

My issue is I wonder if possible buyers (overseas) are using ft for their guidance, and if so is this sending the wrong message to potential shareholders and a flow on upward price pressure. Probably over thinking it, just annoyed me, don't like to see flash formal sites with what looks like wrong info.

Will sit back, chill (hard to do in the Caribbean) and watch the up up and away.

Gunny

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    http://markets.ft.com/RESEARCH/Marke...secType=WSOD.E

See if this works.
    I agree, I don't place too much on their coverage either and agree HNZ is undervalued. In fact I am personally over weight on HNZ as a percentage of my total holdings and have been for some time although has paid off and expect this to continue, prepared to take the risk.

My issue is I wonder if possible buyers (overseas) are using ft for their guidance, and if so is this sending the wrong message to potential shareholders and a flow on upward price pressure. Probably over thinking it, just annoyed me, don't like to see flash formal sites with what looks like wrong info.

Will sit back, chill (hard to do in the Caribbean) and watch the up up and away.

Gunny
    I would doubt that many overseas private investors, who may perhaps rely on the Financial Times site, would contemplate Heartland Bank as investment. It has to be said, until recently not many private NZ-based investors would have ranked Heartland high in their portfolio*. This is not to say that HNZ is not a good company for NZ and other investors. For overseas investors however, they would be investing in a small company in a very small sharemaket. High worth overseas investors and institutional investors who would contemplate a mid-size NZ company would more likely have other sources for research.

*In mid-2012 when I asked my broker from a large firm about HNZ it was not covered by the research team. The firm had no position and he suggested an alternative. I did not take his advice!
    Last edited by Bjauck; 21-01-2015 at 02:05 PM.

A fair few being dribbled in @ $1.20 today, sp might soften by days end.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    *In mid-2012 when I asked my broker from a large firm about HNZ it was not covered by the research team. The firm had no position and he suggested an alternative. I did not take his advice!
    My father was advised against it too by his large broker. Luckily he took my advice.