sharetrader
Page 43 of 1750 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753931435431043 ... LastLast
    percy

Please go to PGC thread to see my sumary of this article.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    F&P is exclusively consumer loans. GE is primarily consumer with a small portion of commercial. Neither have exposure to rural or housing.

To compare them to Heartland is mischievous or pure ignorance
    Enjoy my GE Capital update on PGC thread.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    " Aussie banks sauces " ???.. I know that there is a war on for the mortgage market Percy..

Are they asking .. " Would you like fries with that " .. ??
    Hi janner,and a special hi to Snoopy.Looks as though the Banks could get fried.Article in The Age headed "Drop in banks' cross-border lending".; The larger Australian banks rely on global funding markets.Not a good secure Sauce [source] I would have thought.Warnig bells.?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    special hi to Snoopy.Looks as though the Banks could get fried. Article in The Age headed "Drop in banks' cross-border lending".; The larger Australian banks rely on global funding markets.Not a good secure Sauce [source] I would have thought.Warnig bells.?
    Just found the article Percy. It is about European banks lending money to do development in Australia and now wanting their money back. That is a problem for European banks, not Australian banks.

The last line of the article

"However given the larger Australian banks rely on global funding markets, they would be affected by the turmoil in the markets that would follow any break-up of the euro area or a European sovereign or banking default, he said."

doesn't appear to follow from the content of the rest of the article. It reads like a desperate attempt to give European bank loan problems a 'relevant to Australia' spin.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 05-06-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

On the doghouse

The larger Australian banks rely on global funding markets.
    According to the FY2011 ANZ annual report, ANZ don't have to repay any of their overseas bonds or notes until 2015 at the earliest. This 2015 date relates to 200 million GBP. If demand for funds from ANZ customers goes up then ANZ might have a problem raising more funds in Europe. But this seems unlikely in the current financial climate in Australia.

If demand goes down they can repay some bonds early without penalty. I don't see the same threat to the likes of ANZ that you do.

Again using ANZ as an example, total overseas bonds on issue are $A56,551m compared to deposits of $A368,729m. I would hardly say ANZ is beholden on overseas borrowings for funds. So far I am not even the slightest bit worried that the likes of ANZ is in any kind of trouble. Can you supply anything more concrete on what you might be on about?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 07-06-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: correct decimal place position
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Glad we agree we are comfortable with funding,you with ANZ and me with HNZ.

Have just mailed back the 30c offer form in an unstamped envelope with the words - "Get stuffed you thieving Bastards!!" printed in bold, black marker pen. Hope they don't mind paying the postage!!
    SCOTTY

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Have just mailed back the 30c offer form in an unstamped envelope with the words - "Get stuffed you thieving Bastards!!" printed in bold, black marker pen. Hope they don't mind paying the postage!!
    You do have a nice way with words.!!!!
    I just sent the empty envelope back,but I did mark it FAST POST.

You do have a nice way with words.!!!!
    I just sent the empty envelope back,but I did mark it FAST POST.
    An empty envelope Percy!! - what a waste, especially when it went FAST POST. That was a very nice touch though. Wish I had thought of that as I sent 3 envelopes
    Cheers
    SCOTTY

percy

Hi Snoopy.
    Think you will find article in "The Age" positive;"ANZ to close fund after $100m lost".They don't appear to have a very good investment record.