sharetrader
Page 439 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3393894294354364374384394404414424434494895399391439 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 17397
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I know how your daughter feels. As a student I loved my RJI and BIL shares. I loved them as much as I love my ANZ, hnz, spk and cnu shares today.

However, In October 1987 they took their love away. It was a nasty break up. I was left with nothing.
    Ouch! How long did it take you to get back into the stock market?

I am not sure but I think RJI was a property investment company quite different from the likes of KIP today and BIL was a speculative investment company into asset stripping and the like? They were in the Wild West 1980's when the stock market was even more poorly regulated than today and when "full and frank disclosure" were dirty words. Today's companies you mention are different beasts with solid business turnovers - different from those 80's "flash henries".

Are people, including the local taxi drivers, starting to borrow to leverage themselves into more and more HNZ, CNU at el.? If so...then alarm bells indeed should be a'ringing!

Some time back I compared how SUM were priced relative to the smallest Aussie banks, (acknowledging they're bigger than HNZ by quite a considerable margin but nonetheless the most relevant proxy for comparison).
    Time for an update.
    Based on Reuters consensus analyst view of earnings for the 2015 :-
    BEN Bendigo bank at $13.68 has consensus 2015 earnings of 94.53 cps putting it on a forward PE of 14.48
    BOQ Bank of Queensland at $13.23 has consensus 2015 earnings of 97.22 cps putting it on a forward PE of 13.60
    Averaging these two gives a forward PE of 14.04.
    Consensus analyst earnings guidance for HNZ has crept up from 9.9 cps to currently sit at 10.27 cps as a result of company guidance so using the average PE of the above two banks this would indicate a relative fair value for HNZ as $1.44.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-02-2015 at 03:31 PM.

March 2009, not joking. What a time to start investing. Dow Jones was just 6000.

Ps I did borrow money to invest in both cnu and gne so maybe that's a sign of bad things to come.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 05-02-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Rumour has it that good old Uncle Percy was last seen staggering off to the Doctor asking for stronger heart pills as he can't stand the excitement

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Rumour has it that good old Uncle Percy was last seen staggering off to the Doctor asking for stronger heart pills as he can't stand the excitement
    He's only staggering due to heavy wallet syndrome.

percy

Been another incredible day for me,DPC up a cent,EBO up 23 cents,and my largest holding HNZ up 5cents.
    Just as well the schools are back and I have to get into book selling mode.!!

interested to hear what people think of HER and Harmoney........I,m not sure if nzers are ready to give up their homes to reverse mortgages and like wise harmoney seems to me a little suspect....its possible because of my age where banks were the only form of funding was the norm that i struggle to accept change

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    interested to hear what people think of HER and Harmoney........I,m not sure if nzers are ready to give up their homes to reverse mortgages and like wise harmoney seems to me a little suspect....its possible because of my age where banks were the only form of funding was the norm that i struggle to accept change
    I've personally tried Harmoney, as an investor. The arrangement is simple and you get monthly payments. Granted sure, you're not going to get as much gain as on the sharemarket but it has a good principle.
    ATM my approximated net gains for Harmoney is around 24%.

Main risk is people defaulting on their loans.

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    I've personally tried Harmoney, as an investor. The arrangement is simple and you get monthly payments. Granted sure, you're not going to get as much gain as on the sharemarket but it has a good principle.
    ATM my approximated net gains for Harmoney is around 24%.

Main risk is people defaulting on their loans.
    I know people default on loans to the banks but i just feel more uneasy with harmoney and with my age group haveing more discressionary money..ie.. kicked the missus out...and the younger generation with mortgages etc its even stephens to whether Harmoney makes money

IMO

2 Bagger already!!!. And still my local branch looks empty and unloved most of the time.