sharetrader
Page 445 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 3453954354414424434444454464474484494554955459451445 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 17413
    percy

Well here I am reporting from Fairlie.You could say Fairlie is fairlie near the centre of Heartland NZ.
    34 degrees and running hot yesterday.Lovely rain today, very cool and fairlie good book sales.
    The traffic on the road from Geraldine to Fairlie carried the most traffic I have ever seen on it.Big 4 wheel drive vehicles towing boats, jet skis,racing cars,plenty of tourist buses,farm vehicles,and lots of huge freight trucks. All the cafes at Geraldine and Fairlie were flat out. All the motels had their no vacancy signs out.On our walk tonight they are still out.!The Heartland is humming.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    ... Anyway, much better to see understated forecasts consistently exceeded, than overstated forecasts consistently falling short.
    Hoorah, hoorah indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Mouse, bob and bj - can you take your chat about market collapses and banks falling over.

It's your fault that the HNZ share price collapsed today

You have given the punters the heebie jeebies ....and deserting he ship

Please .....no more frightening them.
    Sorry about frightening the horses. I wonder, are we in a bubble, or a black hole. Sort of Lemming Like. People do have to be careful, yet they also have to take an opportunity. Anything under a dollar for Heartland was a good opportunity. Maybe, in a couple of years time it will be anything under two dollars was the opportunity. I am pretty pleased with Heartland. But thinking of 1987............

Missed by that much

In 1987 the stockmarket was climbing almost out of control. Inflation had been extremely high world wide and had recently dropped encouraging investors to move from fixed interest to shares.
    Nothing about that period is obvious at present, and while share prices are moving ahead quickly, it is generally only quality stocks and those with good growth potential. Many just aren't moving despite having very good fundamental data.

Guru

It is not 1987, but it is 2015. The stock market has had a good run - house prices have never been higher especially in Auckland. Interest rates are low - in NZ inevitably this leads to people borrowing as much as they can afford under current interest rates, in order to leverage themselves into housing. America has been priming the pump. China has been boosting commodity prices. All good as long as the house band keeps on playing...as long as it is not "Nearer My God to thee".

This is not Heartland specific.

house prices in Auckland and Christchurch are much higher (and a tad in queenstown) - the rest of the country - not so much.
    I am aware of houses in Dunedin for example who's QV has not increased a cent in more than 10years - if anything they have gone down - this in the more affluent half of the property tree.
    why? - probably because the govt is intent on removing jobs and 'centralising" in Auckland and CHCH.
    yes - the SPs have been increasing of late - but this is NOT 1987- not even close

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well here I am reporting from Fairlie.You could say Fairlie is fairlie near the centre of Heartland NZ.
    34 degrees and running hot yesterday.Lovely rain today, very cool and fairlie good book sales.
    The traffic on the road from Geraldine to Fairlie carried the most traffic I have ever seen on it.Big 4 wheel drive vehicles towing boats, jet skis,racing cars,plenty of tourist buses,farm vehicles,and lots of huge freight trucks. All the cafes at Geraldine and Fairlie were flat out. All the motels had their no vacancy signs out.On our walk tonight they are still out.!The Heartland is humming.
    Some fairly good observations there

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Some fairlie good observations there

Corrected post for you Roger

You think Heartland close to 150 by end of week ..... in spite of those guys giving some the heebie jeebies and their talk of banking and market collapses

Thanks After two big weeks (up 12 cents and 9 cents respectively), some consolidation around the current level is a healthy thing mate. Rumour has it if it goes up at a fast pace again this week poor old Uncle Percy will have to have an operation to fit a pacemaker, so seeing as that's a fairly invasive procedure we better have a quiet week then
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-02-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Corrected post for you Roger

You think Heartland close to 150 by end of week ..... in spite of those guys giving some the heebie jeebies and their talk of banking and market collapses
    Just to clarify...If there is a market downturn in 2015, I think it would be more of a correction or consolidation phase. I am still in the HNZ DRiP and topped up my HNZ holding in early January and it is now my second largest holding after IFT. My opinion only; I am not a professional accountant or economist so you need to give my musings less consideration than some of the other posters!