sharetrader
Page 446 of 1741 FirstFirst ... 3463964364424434444454464474484494504564965469461446 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 17404
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by enzed staffy View Post
    house prices in Auckland and Christchurch are much higher (and a tad in queenstown) - the rest of the country - not so much.
    I am aware of houses in Dunedin for example who's QV has not increased a cent in more than 10years - if anything they have gone down - this in the more affluent half of the property tree.
    why? - probably because the govt is intent on removing jobs and 'centralising" in Auckland and CHCH.
    yes - the SPs have been increasing of late - but this is NOT 1987- not even close
    Even this government may be starting to take the situation seriously: "Bill English: Skyrocketing house prices can't go on forever" http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11399536

This comes after the Reserve Bank Governor gave his own warning: "The more that house prices get out of line with historic relativities, the greater the risk of a sharp correction, leading to financial instability."

Not 1987 - and nobody wants another 1987* - but still salutary comments nevertheless. And being a financial company, it is difficult to see how HNZ would not be affected by any financial instability.

*Actually not true...those who cash up prior to a downturn will seize the opportunity to buy oversold assets.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 10-02-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Banned

How long they have been saying this... well before the last election. And what happen to the house price..it has tripled after that. They have to either spread immigrants throughout the country or release more land.

Every 8 years - check the graphs.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks After two big weeks (up 12 cents and 9 cents respectively), some consolidation around the current level is a healthy thing mate. Rumour has it if it goes up at a fast pace again this week poor old Uncle Percy will have to have an operation to fit a pacemaker, so seeing as that's a fairly invasive procedure we better have a quiet week then
    Haven't had a heart pacemaker fitted,but brought myself a "flash" new pair of running shoes, to keep pace with the Heartland share price!!!
    Looking forward to Heartland share price doubling.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not sure whether it will take two,three or five years??
    It will happen!!!
    But in the meantime I will enjoy the increasing dividends.!!!

Advanced Member

Roger , you may find this of interest , I know you have done comparisons of HNZ with the small Aussie banks .

http://www.investordaily.com.au/3703...m_medium=email

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Roger , you may find this of interest , I know you have done comparisons of HNZ with the small Aussie banks .

http://www.investordaily.com.au/3703...m_medium=email
    Thanks. Funny you bring that up as I was just looking at their forecasted PE's yesterday. Any comparison needs to take into consideration the relevant growth rate of the various companies EPS and relative risk. Some consolidation for HNZ around current level's is healthy.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-02-2015 at 04:08 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks. Funny you bring that up as I was just looking at their forecasted PE's yesterday. Any comparison needs to take into consideration the relevant growth rate of the various companies EPS and relative risk. Some consolidation for HNZ around current level's is healthy.
    Well I took it to point out the potential problems the Aussie banks have with their over exposure to the housing markets.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well I took it to point out the potential problems the Aussie banks have with their over exposure to the housing markets.
    Yep, lots of risks with the Australian economy. I think we're better positioned in N.Z.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Just like HNZ is percy.. Yeah right.. :-))

Looks like HNZ has one less competitor for the GE Money assets
    http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2015021...df8j8nht1k.pdf
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR