sharetrader
Page 45 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955951455451045 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    US, I probably have more robust exchanges with Percy than other posters. But then again Percy is one of the more active posters, so that is to be expected.

As for being biased against HNZ, well, I do think I should point out the counterfactual arguments to some of the over exuberant spin from the Heartland fans. As I have stated before on this forum, I would like to see Heartland succeed. But I want to see them earn their stripes, not spin them.

As for 'inconsistent assertions', I would only point out that stating IMO that

1/ Heartland will not become a bank within the nest year and stating that
    2/ Heartland will take about three years to become a bank.

are both true statements if Heartland takes about three years to become a bank.

SNOOPY
    I am very mindful of the huge contribution SNOOPY makes to Sharetrader.I think the exchanges he has with me are good for me,as they make me explain more clearly my reasoning for a post I have posted.I trust other posters have learnt more about the company from our exchanges.As we both post a lot the chances of us making mistakes increases.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I am very mindful of the huge contribution SNOOPY makes to Sharetrader.I think the exchanges he has with me are good for me,as they make me explain more clearly my reasoning for a post I have posted.I trust other posters have learnt more about the company from our exchanges.As we both post a lot the chances of us making mistakes increases.
    I am definitely one that has very much enjoyed and learnt from the contributions you and Snoopy have made to this (and other) thread. Great stuff from both of you thank you.
    Last edited by iceman; 30-06-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Hopefully there will be a dividend this year.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Only thing is tho,it only says heartland,so heartland what? no bank of course,but no building society either,so maybe holding off in expectation I think,but after all it is only paint.
    I don't know whether it is to do with branding or not,but I note Westpac and ASB have opened new branches at Barrington Mall,ChCh.Westpac does not include bank in their signage,while ASB does.
    I think it is a step in the right direction branding all Heartland business Heartland,however I would like the finance company to retain MARAC name which has a strong brand to me.ANZ use UDC for their finance.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    I'd perfer growth myself ... One notes a lots ads recently from other large players (e.g. UDC) saying they've got money to lend ... Maybe if HNZ can't find suitable opportunities it'll come as a divie ...
    Yes I agree with you perfering growth.However, a divie would be most welcome,and would do the SP a power of good.

I don't know whether it is to do with branding or not,but I note Westpac and ASB have opened new branches at Barrington Mall,ChCh.Westpac does not include bank in their signage,while ASB does.
    I think it is a step in the right direction branding all Heartland business Heartland,however I would like the finance company to retain MARAC name which has a strong brand to me.ANZ use UDC for their finance.
    Yep totally agree,keeping Marac brand would be a big plus,but the Heartland brand,The reason i think they should state what they are on their signage, is because it is a new brand and I don't think anybody would know what they are,apart from the interest rates in the window.If i wasn't a shareholder taking interest I wouldn't know anything about them,so just Building society on the sign might just alleviate this lil problem a bit.Even if only temporary or not.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    The reason i think they should state what they are on their signage, is because it is a new brand and I don't think anybody would know what they are,apart from the interest rates in the window.If i wasn't a shareholder taking interest I wouldn't know anything about them,so just Building society on the sign might just alleviate this lil problem a bit.Even if only temporary or not.
    Agree Kizame. I saw a big Heartland billboard earlier this year. Turned out it was for Heartland Hotels!

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Agree Kizame. I saw a big Heartland billboard earlier this year. Turned out it was for Heartland Hotels!

SNOOPY
    I hate to admit to it,but I think I saw one for Heartland Potatoe chips.!!!!
    Last edited by percy; 03-07-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: potatoe chips,not pies.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Torchlight sells down ... Shame they're still there tho

The vultures have been waiting for this ... ... But they'll need to wait a little longer ...
    Well belgarion I hope you are in a "huge pyramid" building mood.Expect you to quickly mop GK/PGC's
    7 846% .!!!!!!! Better move before Winner69 gets buying.!! lol.
    Last edited by percy; 06-07-2012 at 01:55 PM.

I hate to admit to it,but I think I saw one for Heartland Potatoe chips.!!!!
    Not being cheeky Percy but your spelling as good as Al Gore's

No doubt branding themselves as Heartland was to capture the hearts and minds of NZers by capitalizing on the emotion at attached to the term Heartland being associated with rural NZO

I always thought it rather strange branding strategy. Heartland is a now a rather generic term associated with rugby and TV and as pointed out motels, breweries, potato chips and various other products.

Heartland (without a world Bank or Building Society or Finance) on a sgn or a front window seems rather weak ... No identity ..... What does it do? Maybe if it ever gets the word Bank it it look better but NZers won't be fooled by the word Heartland meaning good for them

Must say that Cooperative Bank have done a bloody good job in their rebranding. Nows there's a real people's bank for you ......stolen a march on Heartland?