sharetrader
Page 48 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258981485481048 ... LastLast

Gee, i get the uneasy feeling you're pumping for distribution here Balance. Is it on behalf of tomlinson or carter?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Gee, i get the uneasy feeling you're pumping for distribution here Balance. Is it on behalf of tomlinson or carter?
    Yeah, have to judge by yourself.

Pumping?

I doubt Tomlinson and Carter would appreciate anyone 'pumping' as they are squeezing GK out of his shares. There's 3.9% more left to squeeze out of George.

Problem for small investors is that they cannot access this big lines of stocks and when they are gone, the share prices seem to spike upwards very quickly.

Nope, I bought some at 53 cents and putting money where my mouth is.

Or where the big boys' mouths are?

Greg Tomlinson - 8.8%
    Philip Carter - 5.4%
    C mace & G Ricketts - 5.3%

Note that Tomlinson got his initial stake at 75 cents, underwriting.

Now why do I get the feeling that this is a forum of 'pumpers' and 'downrampers'?
    Last edited by Balance; 13-07-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Tomlinson's underwriting debacle was well documented at the time. I guess the current view for all the 'big' mouths is to average down at the expense of those who conned them into it in the first place, and hope for a recovery in the future. Nothing particularly wrong with that approach, but it probably means heavy overhead resistance will become apparent in due course.

But good on you for piggy backing.

I'm chuffed....I have coaxed what I believe is the first ever disclosure of a shareholding out of you Balance

Discl: me no hold
    Last edited by Xerof; 13-07-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Tomlinson's underwriting debacle was well documented at the time. I guess the current view for all the 'big' mouths is to average down at the expense of those who conned them into it in the first place, and hope for a recovery in the future. Nothing particularly wrong with that approach, but it probably means heavy overhead resistance will become apparent in due course.

But good on you for piggy backing.

I'm chuffed....I have coaxed what I believe is the first ever disclosure of a shareholding out of you Balance

Discl: me no hold
    Well, you sure are Diligent(DIL)!
    Last edited by Balance; 13-07-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Does anyone think we will see a share price of 50c again?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    Does anyone think we will see a share price of 50c again?
    No. Full steam ahead.Time for a good old TOOT TOOT.!!!!!!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool In with the In Crowd

I decided to join the share register for this one, being reasonably confident that the way is now not down* and the discount to NTA provides some comfort.

best wishes
    Paper Tiger

*watch it dive!
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Nope, No and Absolutely NOT. discl: hold and buying from time to time so this doesn't become another aussie bank. Bring on the KiwiBank IPO!
    Looks like Dodgie Podgie Georgie and PGC sold the last of their HNZ shares yesterday.

The game now is "closing the NTA gap" and with their stench of decay out of the way, HNZ should start reflecting fair value - rather than the discount as investors steered clear to avoid the stench.

Not many shares in the market with a discount of 30 cents to NTA of 85 cents or potential upside of 54.5%.

Not without risks but certainly without George Kerr, Bryan Mogridge and all the other George's lackeys like Greg "not So" Bright to screw the scrum into their pockets all the time.
    Last edited by Balance; 18-07-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Bank of Queensland and Bendigo & Adelaide are at discount to NTA if that's what you want. And they are proper banks, paying dividends.

Looking at the fundamentals for HNZ, profit of $20m for the year, so a PE of 10, ROE of 6%, ROA 1%. They obviously need to improve their ROE. TSB are have a similar NTA, but have twice the asset base, ROE 12%, ROA 1%. So TSB is a good example to follow. The question is, can they?

Given the size similarity with TSB, it almost makes me wonder if they could be tempted to take it over.