sharetrader
Page 481 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3814314714774784794804814824834844854915315819811481 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 17397
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Some silly bugger called it fairly valued at $1.32 on 1 February and suggested gains would be much harder to come by in the next 3 months....but I'm calling it as undervalued now having ostensibly done nothing and tracked sideways for 3 months. Sitting right on the maximum 20% allocation in my portfolio...we are well positioned
    $1.30 closing price yesterday plus 3c dividend ex 17th March = $1.33
    That equates to a 0.75% return in 2.5 months or 3.6%pa. The price may still be in the doldrums but that is still better than an after-tax return on a bank deposit.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    At 1.54pm today $1.00
    Above posted 08/09/2014.
    Seems so long ago??!!!
    And since then we have enjoyed two very good dividends.
    Wonder where we will be in another seven months?

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    ...but its up 2cents today?
    What happened today then

Stagnating share prices frustrate me ..... Hope Forbar get told something by Jeff on the quiet to get punters excited. a win for everybody, including Forbar if they generate enough interest.

Maybe get Edison to publish a report. They would see all the good things and come up with a valuation in excess of $2 .....maybe $3 knowing Edison.

Patience grasshopper...Rome wasn't built in a day !

Advanced Member

Bjauck - interesting logic 3c divvy but you are under water if you paid $1.40!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Yet the yield looks rather healthy for those who brought in at under 70 cents!!!
    Interesting logic??

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I actually paid 49c (for some HNZ shares) less than 3 years ago. I was calculating the return from Roger's post in which he referred to it being fairly valued at $1.32 on 1 February. On todays closing price of $1.29 plus the 3c divi, he would be quits or flat-lining.

Of course your period start and end dates are arbitrary. The most meaningful are your purchase dates and sale dates as the calculated return over that period would be actual realised. I don't intend to sell at this stage, but I still like to know how the actual return (cash divi) and unrealised return (Divi reinvestment and SP change) to date are faring.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 16-04-2015 at 06:27 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I actually paid 49c (for some HNZ shares) less than 3 years ago. I was calculating the return from Roger's post in which he referred to it being fairly valued at $1.32 on 1 February. On todays closing price of $1.29 plus the 3c divi, he would be quits or flat-lining.

Of course your period start and end dates are arbitrary. The most meaningful are your purchase dates and sale dates as the calculated return over that period would be actual realised. I don't intend to sell at this stage, but I still like to know how the actual return (cash divi) and unrealised return (Divi reinvestment and SP change) to date are faring.
    49cents.Fantastic!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post

My average price is well under $1.00...(most bought just after they got the credit rating upgrade at around 85 cents, but congrats for getting some so cheap.
    My comments were intended to highlight that the quarter since the ASM from 31 October 2014 to 31 January 2015 saw a period of considerable market outperformance, up 32% from $1.00 to $1.32. Lot's of patience will be required for the next 32% in my opinion but I'm happy to hold long term. Flat quarter doesn't worry me in the long term scheme of things.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-04-2015 at 06:56 PM.

Yes, fantastic, and only a 1 in 30 chance (approx.)of HNZ defaulting over 5 years http://www.rbnz.govt.nz/regulation_a...ks/3498179.pdf

Still exchanged my GNE dividend for HNZ shares today but just like to keep it real.