sharetrader
Page 489 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3894394794854864874884894904914924934995395899891489 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 17397

Baabaa - have a look at the Scales thread ...... Chris Lee and Percy rumoured to be one and the same

Membaa

Well Winner, I wondered if that was what you were saying, but better that you said it, than me, so thanks for that insight. Not sure how I would know really, whether a kindly well travelled bookseller generously sharing his views might be THE Mr Lee author of Taking Stock, or perhaps his equally insightful sidekicks, all of which I enjoy reading, as many do I suspect. The reports do seem insightful though and uncannily in tune with opinion, much of which is often shared here first.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Baabaa - have a look at the Scales thread ...... Chris Lee and Percy rumoured to be one and the same

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey Percy - that a brilliant piece you wrote for Taking Stock this week. Congratulations

You sorted the buggers out eh mate .....stupid media.

I reckon that ad on TV will do wonders and there will be really strong growth starting to come through this year ......might need to readjust my forecast UP
    Hells Bells ,I think I have read too many of Chris Lee's articles!!! I am starting to think like him.!!! lol.
    I do appreciate he has a better way of expressing himself than I do,The Heartland REL article was very well written,and gave a very good rounded view of RELs.
    Roger thank you for posting it.
    Last edited by percy; 23-04-2015 at 09:57 PM.

It looks as though HNZ could be starting its march upward (hope I havn't jinxed it) broken upward on the daily and weekly charts through the down channels. Just bought back in so lets see.
    Wish I knew how to post both those charts.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    It looks as though HNZ could be starting its march upward (hope I havn't jinxed it) broken upward on the daily and weekly charts through the down channels. Just bought back in so lets see.
    Wish I knew how to post both those charts.
    hope it is not dead cat bounce, I retain for HNZ PE12.5 is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    hope it is not dead cat bounce, I retain for HNZ PE12.5 is appropriate.
    Looks absolutely nothing like a dead cat bounce,are you kidding me?

Top lawyer calls for more Asians on boards

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/6804...ians-on-boards

Heartland Bank / Limited ............another fail

I fear the middle aged white male board with the notional female is just part of the Heartland culture

Nonetheless some interesting insights from Mai n that article. Like "It will be a challenge to work in a sector which is subject to so much disruption and fast-paced change. The challenge of demographic disruption is as important as technological disruption, especially in a super-diverse market like Auckland.

Mai Chen is a very smart women there's no question about that but directors should be appointed solely based on merit and nothing else (including her call for more ethnic diversity).
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-04-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Mai Chen is a very smart women, there's no question about that but directors should be appointed solely based on merit and nothing else including her call for more ethnic diversity.
    you were wise to edit the post and delete the piece about driving habits in Auckland! Sailing a bit close to the wind there.

Mai is a woman, not women.
    Last edited by mis chief; 27-04-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Mai Chen is a very smart women there's no question about that but directors should be appointed solely based on merit and nothing else (including her call for more ethnic diversity).
    I completely agree about selecting people based solely on merit, but in her defence, she is specifying skills that asians can bring and reasons why they would be good for the business (e.g. "cultural intelligence and language skills", "businesses generally needed to have the ability to transcend borders because of growing urbanisation and globalisation").

So unlike in some cases where diversity is called for for the sake of diversity, here she's saying why it's good for business.