sharetrader
Page 492 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 3924424824884894904914924934944954965025425929921492 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 17390
    Advanced Member

I'm surprised anyone bothers to watch. Its light weight drivel, or at least the one I watched was.
    Never again in our house. It amazes me that BBC, CNBC etc etc seem to be able to fill up hour after hour with meaningful news. Either from around the world or with a business focus. And yet we can't even fill up an hour or so productively...and even then want to talk about JK and an error of judgement, day after day. FFS !

Probably wrong thread. Apologies all.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I'm surprised anyone bothers to watch. Its light weight drivel, or at least the one I watched was.
    Never again in our house. It amazes me that BBC, CNBC etc etc seem to be able to fill up hour after hour with meaningful news. Either from around the world or with a business focus. And yet we can't even fill up an hour or so productively...and even then want to talk about JK and an error of judgement, day after day. FFS !

Spot on.!!!!

He has a good day every now and again the 30th April was a good example. Excellent story about AIR N.Z's 75 year history and he had one of the longest serving employees on, a former CEO IIRC, with excellent footage of early Solent flying boat operations followed by an excellent segment on retirement saving's which was very informative....but yes like any lightweight free to air channel there's a fair bit of absolute rubbish in between the gems and then you have his giant ego to deal with which must surely be bigger than the planet Jupiter. That said I kind of like his extreme political incorrectness...its kind of refreshing in this day and age where political correctness has become so expected as the norm.
    Anyway, sorry, I also digress...actually speaking of mind numbingly boring, that's exactly what the HNZ SP has become, just saying.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-05-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    He has a good day every now and again the 30th April was a good example. Excellent story about AIR N.Z's 75 year history and he had one of the longest serving employees on, a former CEO IIRC, with excellent footage of early Solent flying boat operations followed by an excellent segment on retirement saving's which was very informative....but yes like any lightweight free to air channel there's a fair bit of absolute rubbish in between the gems and then you have his giant ego to deal with which must surely be bigger than the planet Jupiter. That said I kind of like his extreme political incorrectness...its kind of refreshing in this day and age where political correctness has become so expected as the norm.
    Anyway, sorry, I also digress...actually speaking of mind numbingly boring, that's exactly what the HNZ SP has become, just saying.
    I was quite hopeful as I also quite like PH, he was good to watch on election night, and one of the earliest to figure out what was going on in Hone's electorate. But pretty disappointed in what I saw.

With respect to HNZ SP....well....I can remember several periods where it was boring like this...and then slowly rose, seldom dropping back far.
    To be honest...I'd be happy if all my bets were as boring as HNZ. Average buy around 88c.

Cheers.

Heartland is one of the few shares I would buy on the NZ market at present .,As for PH he is just a lacky for the Nat party . Turn him off

Actually I come home from work switch on the TV to wind down while having breakfast,and it's a good light hearted morning show,I actually like his humour.
    Honestly you shouldn't take life so seriously you can't have a bit of a laugh.

BUT: was taken aback by the comments I thought,weren't well researched,especially when older people are so easily persuaded in a lot of situations like this,more care needs to be taken with financial comments over such a vast viewing audience.

There's this video from Good Morning show on TV

http://homeequityrelease.co.nz/
    Last edited by winner69; 05-05-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Great advertorial...makes me want to buy more

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Great advertorial...makes me want to buy more
    I though it was very light on the important issues of, costs of the loan, what if you live too long and erode the whole home equity, how to get out of the loan, treatment of residual equity etc. I agree with an earlier comment about preying on the vulnerabilities of the elderly, though I wonder how many of them are the target audience. It wouldn't surprise me if many of the legitimate candidates for reverse mortgages have EPA'd their financial affairs and decisions, to the very heirs who will decide whether mummy and daddy's property value goes to them, or the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I though it was very light on the important issues of, costs of the loan, what if you live too long and erode the whole home equity, how to get out of the loan, treatment of residual equity etc. I agree with an earlier comment about preying on the vulnerabilities of the elderly, though I wonder how many of them are the target audience. It wouldn't surprise me if many of the legitimate candidates for reverse mortgages have EPA'd their financial affairs and decisions, to the very heirs who will decide whether mummy and daddy's property value goes to them, or the bank.
    It was a sales pitch BaaBaa

Only say what you want to.

Would be funny though if that Andrew guy came out said 'we are really preying on the vulnerability of som seniors, the more vulnerable the better it us for the bank'. Jeff would not be pleased.