sharetrader
Page 493 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 3934434834894904914924934944954964975035435939931493 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 17390
    Membaa

Yeah, I noticed how the eyes were flicking back and forth reading the cue cards. Mum won't though, she'll just hear the lovely wonderful stories of the people so grateful for having given their house away to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It was a sales pitch BaaBaa

Only say what you want to.

Would be funny though if that Andrew guy came out said 'we are really preying on the vulnerability of som seniors, the more vulnerable the better it us for the bank'. Jeff would not be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I though it was very light on the important issues of, costs of the loan, what if you live too long and erode the whole home equity, how to get out of the loan, treatment of residual equity etc. I agree with an earlier comment about preying on the vulnerabilities of the elderly, though I wonder how many of them are the target audience. It wouldn't surprise me if many of the legitimate candidates for reverse mortgages have EPA'd their financial affairs and decisions, to the very heirs who will decide whether mummy and daddy's property value goes to them, or the bank.
    It is an advertorial mate. So Mrs Jean average granny should become immobile for 24 months while she waits for the public so called health system to fix her stuffed hip and while she waits and is ostensibly almost completely immobile and in serious constant pain she has all sorts of other health issues come on to her because of her immobility, e.g. circulation and blood clotting just so Jack and Jill kiddies can inherit the full value of her house...yeah that really makes good common sense.
    Like all things concerning debt, the key is moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    Heartland is one of the few shares I would buy on the NZ market at present .,As for PH he is just a lacky for the Nat party . Turn him off
    What others interest you? I must admit the Sharemarket seems rather flat at the moment. Many of the forecasts e.g Air NZ being at 3.50 don't appear likely an time soon.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    What others interest you? I must admit the Sharemarket seems rather flat at the moment. Many of the forecasts e.g Air NZ being at 3.50 don't appear likely an time soon.
    I think Greece is hanging over global financial markets like the Sword of Damocles at the moment. Add to that, to a lesser extent, the upcoming UK general election, in which the Conservatives and Labour are neck-and-neck with a possibility of the SNP (who want a Disunited Kingdom) being part of a coalition. Plus there has been a mixed to poor reporting season from the big Aussies Banks.

Advanced Member

Buggar !

From the Herald

"Valiant Homes had been working on 13 building sites but was put into liquidation and receivership earlier this year. The firm, at that time, owed $3.2 million to Auckland lender Savings & Loans as well as $325,000 to Heartland Bank, which had security over some vehicles and equipment."

Banned

Trading Halt

Sold 18000 last week @ $1.30, will I be pleased or will I be p......d off after resumption of trading, likely to be the latter I suspect.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Trading Halt
    We live in interesting times!!

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Trading Halt
    It is a sell down of the Quadrant shares
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Fisher and Paykel Finance arm Purchase possibly??