sharetrader
Page 501 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 40145149149749849950050150250350450551155160110011501 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 17210
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    He eventually proved himself to be a smarter investor than Kerr. He got shafted with the first two underwritings (88 and 65, I think) and from what I heard privately at the time, was mightily pissed off with his 'mate' when the price collapsed to 35 cents. He got the last laugh however, when he took advantage of the forced sale required by Kerr to cover the FMA's demand that Kerr's inter-entity 'loan' be repaid. IIRC he picked them up near 50, along with other astute investors (P Carter was one of them, I think) and the course for the share price has never looked back since that particular fog lifted.

As was said at the time, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, and it was meant to apply to both parties

I have never met him and don't claim to know him at all, but I think he made his early money in healthcare and/or retirement villages, or perhaps it was mussels.......
    Thanks Xerof and Winner69 for the background information of Tomlinson.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/6845...-deposit-rules

Another entrant in the P2P market.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-05-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Comments for the market reaction today? The "sudden" reaction from investors not paying enough attention to the recent events & then seeing Quadrant leaving the scene?

Well, that's my guess anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    Comments for the market reaction today? The "sudden" reaction from investors not paying enough attention to the recent events & then seeing Quadrant leaving the scene?

maybe new tough auckland property lending rule?

Profit Taking ??

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
    Profit Taking ??
    Don't think so, there was the official announcement yesterday avo of Quadrant's holdings being reduced to 0%. Hence "sudden"

I think post 5058 explains it. Another entrant in the P2P market = more competition. There's really no stopping this new trend and I am sure this will not be the last entrant in this space so IMHO HNZ need to get ahead of the curve and start one themselves rather than pay millions of dollars for what amounts to a very small share of someone else's software.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-05-2015 at 12:57 PM.

percy

Often after a share placement you find the share price drifts back to the placement price.
    Appears this is what is happening at present.
    The big take-outs of the placement were it was done at $1.30, and director Greg Tomlinson, increased his holding by just under $5mil worth,taking the amount he has invested in Heartland to over $60mil..A great vote of confidence in Heartland.

Investor

Well, I'm on board this ship with my parcel filled today at $1.30. Hoping for smooth ride along...

I got my first bundle too at $1.30. This is one punt I let the discussions swayed me into joining the fun. Gut-o-meter siding on the feel good factor too so it should be swell.