sharetrader
Page 506 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 640645649650250350450550650750850951051655660610061506 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 17397

Axe, you happy with that announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Axe, you happy with that announcement?
    I am wondering if "at the upper end" actually means "more than" . Still learning to translate Jeffspeak. We will see at Q4.

Happy? No. Unhappy? No.
    Last edited by axe; 21-05-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Guru

Q1 was $11.0m Q2 was $12.5 and Q3 looks like $12.6m and Q4 $11.5m if top end of guidance meet

So if this is true "Heartland expects its NPAT for the year ended 30 June 2015 to be at the upper end of the previously advised NPAT range of $46m - $48m." then profit growth momentum has come to an end and earnings are stagnating around $12m plus or minus a bit every quarter. that seems our lot.

Things not looking too bright ...or else some some subtle earning management taking place,
    mmm, would have been more promising if the moved the range up from 47 - 49 rather than keep the same upper of 48. WOuld be disappointing if the quarter is less than $12m

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    I am wondering if "at the upper end" actually means "more than" . Still learning to translate Jeffspeak. We will see at Q4.

Happy? No. Unhappy? No.
    In Jeffspeak "at the upper end" is definitely not "more than" (the word range is key)....ie somewhere between $47.2m and $47.8m which sounds like $47.5m to me. Bugger that's only $11.4m in Q4

The optimists are hoping the next announcement is "pleased we delivered more than previous guidance" or something .....but heck the years almost over if Jeff came out with that all credibility would go out the window as far as I am concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    We've certainly has a stellar run in January and that after a strong run-up from $1.00 at the time of the ASM on 31 October to circa $1.16 around Christmas.
    A 32% SP gain in the last 3 months is a great result in anyone's books. Now all the good news is out there, unless there's some surprise I'm not aware of it won't surprise me if we see a quieter period in the next three months and this won't concern long term holders many of whom I suspect will be quite happy to collect a nice divvy and know the company is doing the business for the long haul.
    Its interesting to reflect back to the day of the ASM just 3 short months ago. Those there that I spoke too thought $1.10 - $1.20, (depending on how much they'd had to drink) was a fair SP target for the stock by the time of the 2015 ASM in late 2015 and I was in that range too at that time, to be honest.

HNZ is presently trading on 13.2 times forecast 2015 earnings of 10cps and this price seems fair and reasonable to me for now. I remain of the view that's is a great long term hold on the basis that the team can deliver EPS growth over time and as they continue to deliver on their promises and continue to build their already strong credibility some modest further PE expansion is possible.

Since the ASM I've developed my understanding of the company to the point where I can see it being around $2 in due course but in my view this will take quite some time, probably, realistically, 2-3 years. I guess I feel its perhaps appropriate that somebody sounds a little note of caution to any newbie considering getting on board on the basis of very strong recent SP gains. Rome wasn't built in a day and good things take time. I think anyone expecting another 32% SP gain in the next 3 months ($1.32 growing to $1.74), is highly likely to be disappointed. I hold a 10% portfolio allocation and am happy to hold at the current price level and expect a 4.0-4.5 cent fully imputed final divvy in a few months time.

On the other hand long term investors will I remain sure, be very happy with long term SP gains and will be happy to know they're being paid well to wait for long term growth with handsome fully imputed dividends, I estimate this year at 7 cps which equates to a gross divvy yield of 7.37% for 2015 based on a SP of $1.32 and I am sure those dividends will grow over the years ahead. Everyone has their own way of investing but for what its worth I won't let any stock get to a position of being worth more than 20% of my portfolio no matter how sure I am of their long term prospects.

It concerns me a little that the company appears to be considering accounting for its profit on the Harmoney investment ? While it was more than fair of them to note that their upgraded guidance excluded any increase in the value of their Harmony stake as a result of the Trade Me investment I struggle to see where they are coming from in terms of implying that it might be acceptable to account for theoretical gains in this non-listed associate company on the basis that this is in some way connected with operational profit ? I would have thought the team would have taken professional advice from their auditors rather than leaving this as an open question is a profit upgrade announcement. You been pushing them too hard Winner 69 ?
    From 1 February 2015 when I basically came out and admitted the stock was fairly priced at $1.32 and no longer a bargain...sometimes I really hate it when I'm right and this is one of those occasions.
    Impeccable timing by Quadrant, AGAIN. I think $2 is 4-5 years away now. Earnings growth in 2016 and 2017 will be likely to slow down with increased bad and doubtful debt provisioning for the reason's I've mentioned more recently. Very healthy sized fully imputed dividends means its a good hold for a sensible sized allocation in a well diversified portfolio in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-05-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    From 1 February 2015 when I basically came out and admitted the stock was fairly priced at $1.32 and no longer a bargain...sometimes I really hate it when I'm right and this is one of those occasions.
    Impeccable timing by Quadrant, AGAIN. I think $2 is 4-5 years away now. Earnings growth in 2016 and 2017 will be likely to slow down with increased bad and doubtful debt provisioning for the reason's I've mentioned more recently.
    Roger, It would also appear that underlying lending growth is slowing quite dramatically as well, in spite of all this tinkering around in niche areas

Roger, It would also appear that underlying lending growth is slowing quite dramatically as well, in spite of all this tinkering around in niche areas
    Economy is currently experiencing deflation in my opinion and is hardly going off like the rock star economy many were commenting it would last year is it !!
    Good time to lean on a boat manufacturer for a good deal seeing as none of the farmers will be buying one. www.profileboats.co.nz I'm sure HNZ would loan me $100K with no payments till 2020
    Can you tell that I went to the boat show last weekend ?

Anyway getting back to being serious, I'm estimating a fully imputed final divvy of 4.5 cps up 1.0 cps on last year's final for a total of 7.5 cps this year fully imputed = 7.5 / 0.72 = 10.417 cents gross which on a SP of $1.29 gives us a current year gross dividend yield of 8.1% Prospects for growth in dividends for the next two years are fairly muted in my opinion but you are being paid quite well to wait for future growth when the economy is performing better so its a good hold in an ultra low interest rate environment, an environment that as I see it will remain for the foreseeable future.
    Has HNZ become a dividend yield story now ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-05-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    If its quadrant, dont expect a big discount as market has factored in overhang. Once it is cleared, I expect the price to increase.
    Yeah right mate. Need a tui?

Roger, from the Bank disclosure accounts I see your bad debt story is already unfolding

For 9 months the expense is a nice round $7m (nice round numbers in millions usually a guess?) compared to full year last year of $5.9m

The rate they are increasing full year probably $10m (more exact this time though) ....ouch

And that doesn't count any HER stuff

Guru

Roger, from the Bank disclosure accounts I see your bad debt story is already unfolding

For 9 months the expense is a nice round $7m (nice round numbers in millions usually a guess?) compared to full year last year of $5.9m
    Or you could say these unaudited results are conservative which gives an instant $1.1m boost to profit if the provision goes back down to $5.9m.

Or being unaudited, it could be understated and we could be in for a shocker