sharetrader
Page 507 of 1738 FirstFirst ... 740745749750350450550650750850951051151755760710071507 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 17379

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Roger, from the Bank disclosure accounts I see your bad debt story is already unfolding

For 9 months the expense is a nice round $7m (nice round numbers in millions usually a guess?) compared to full year last year of $5.9m

The rate they are increasing full year probably $10m (more exact this time though) ....ouch

And that doesn't count any HER stuff
    Yeah mate just a guess. All my regular mates and contacts think I'm a conservative old bugger thinking specific and general bad debt provisioning is going up rapidly...I guess some of us have longer memories than others when it comes to reckless lending policies of the finance companies pre GFC. Really it wasn't that long ago that all this no deposit lending got finance companies in big trouble, doesn't anyone at HNZ have a memory of these things for goodness sake ! No, lets lend to young people with a no wallet, no worries campaign targeting young people with no money, that's a good idea right, just like Harry and Lloyd from the memorable movie Dumb and Dumber, they're good for it right ?...(FFS shakes head and wonders what the marketing team were smoking at the time they had that idea)

You mark my words, EPS profit growth in 2016 will be very close to zero, (maybe even negative if Dairy stays really low or goes even lower and some of those sharemilkers with their herds as only security go under ), by the time the auditors force them to get real with their provisioning in their 2016 full year accounts. You read it from me first. Quadrant are good at seeing the over the horizon stuff aren't they mate !

Its become a dividend yield stock in my opinion. Still 8% as an shareholder has its virtues when you only get 4% as a depositor, thank God there's a silver lining in this somewhere

I'll have some hard questions for the board at the next ASM.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-05-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Or you could say these unaudited results are conservative which gives an instant $1.1m boost to profit if the provision goes back down to $5.9m.

Or being unaudited, it could be understated and we could be in for a shocker
    A finance company being conservative without the aid of their auditors

Cue... Percy's entry to remind us this is indeed a bank and as such is heavily regulated and overseen by the Reserve bank and they do as they say they will and this is one of if not THE safest company on the NZX.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-05-2015 at 01:01 PM.

percy

Well it is a wonderful life for me.
    A very pleasant evening,and a nice meal last night at the sharetrader get-together.and some interesting tips from KW.
    A beautiful day here in Christchurch, made even better with great book sales.
    But the icing on the cake ,is Heartland confirming very thing is on track, to deliver a NPAT for the year, at the upper end of the previously advised range.
    Thank you Heartland for delivering on what you say you will do.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well it is a wonderful life for me.
    A very pleasant evening,and a nice meal last night at the sharetrader get-together.and some interesting tips from KW.
    A beautiful day here in Christchurch, made even better with great book sales.
    But the icing on the cake ,is Heartland confirming very thing is on track, to deliver a NPAT for the year, at the upper end of the previously advised range.
    Thank you Heartland for delivering on what you say you will do.
    Heartland only working as hard as they have to to keep Percy happy .... so why work harder if Percy is happy and contented Jeff and his merry men say. If Percy was more demanding and asked Jeff for a bigger dividend for himself and his dear wife Jeff would probably deliver, they are capable of doing so.

percy

Heartland only working as hard as they have to to keep Percy happy .... so why work harder if Percy is happy and contented Jeff and his merry men say. If Percy was more demanding and asked Jeff for a bigger dividend for himself and his dear wife Jeff would probably deliver, they are capable of doing so.
    I am very happy to grow rich [or richer] slowly and steadily.
    Banks have a history of doing just that.
    In the meantime the great dividends add to the enjoyment.
    On checking yahoo finance charts ,I see Heartland's share price is up 67.53% in two years.
    That is what I call delivering.!! Plus we have enjoyed fully imputed divies..
    Could not ask for more!!!!
    Slow down, Jeff I can't take too much more of the excitement!!!!
    Last edited by percy; 21-05-2015 at 02:19 PM.

I am very happy to grow rich [or richer] slowly and steadily.
    Banks have a history of doing just that.
    In the meantime the great dividends add to the enjoyment.
    On checking yahoo finance charts ,I see Heartland's share price is up 67.53% in two years.
    That is what I call delivering.!! Plus we have enjoyed fully imputed divies..
    Could not ask for more!!!!
    Slow down, Jeff I can't take too much more of the excitement!!!!
    On checking yahoo finance charts I see Heartlands share price is down 7% in the last 3 months

That's what I call slowing down, the kettle has come of the boil.

percy

On checking yahoo finance charts I see Heartlands share price is down 7% in the last 3 months

That's what I call slowing down, the kettle has come of the boil.
    Thank goodness for that.
    I enjoying just simmering along. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, HNZ needs a good solid aquisition to keep it simmering along imop, the sooner this happens,with the likes of maybe MTF,the sooner the growth momentum continues. Obviously it has to be quality and at the right price.

Thank goodness for that.
    I enjoying just simmering along. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No no Percy .....maybe simmer a bit more but really its starting to cool down.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Winner,

Put yourself in Jeffs shoes. What would you do with HNZ? What's their next step? Where to from here?

Cheers, NBT