sharetrader
Page 510 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 1041046050050650750850951051151251351452056061010101510 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 17414
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The next three months or so are going to see the share price inexorably grind its way down to $1.20 (or maybe less)

Only an acquisition will stop that happening
    Let it grind down.
    Lower share price would mean I will get more shares when they pay the next divie as I have DRP,and shareholders taking the fully imputed cash, will receive a higher yield..
    I don't mind how long the next acquisition takes so long as it is another good one.!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Let it grind down.
    Lower share price would mean I will get more shares when they pay the next divie as I have DRP,and shareholders taking the fully imputed cash, will receive a higher yield..
    I don't mind how long the next acquisition takes so long as it is another good one.!
    What, make up for getting not so many last tome around. What price were they now ...forgotten

The next three months or so are going to see the share price inexorably grind its way down to $1.20 (or maybe less)

Only an acquisition will stop that happening
    You seem awfully certain?

EDIT: With a director adding ~$5,000,000 to his holding at $1.29 I think it would make sense to believe the price should increase - or that he at least believes as much.

Why would he buy-in "now" if he could get it at a cheaper rate in ~3months time?
    (forgive my young brain!)
    Last edited by vorno; 27-05-2015 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Very little, if anything. It's not really a core business, done to provide a full range of product. The transactional operations are contracted
    out to Westpac. If you look at the account numbers on your Heartland chequebook, you'll see they are for Westpac bank.

fool
    So they not really a 'bank' then ....whoops I forgot they did say becoming a bank was only a marketing ploy.

Never mind as long as we just think of them as a finance business, and value them accordingly.

percy

So they not really a 'bank' then ....whoops I forgot they did say becoming a bank was only a marketing ploy.

Never mind as long as we just think of them as a finance business, and value them accordingly.
    The ratings agency and The Reserve Bank do not share your view.
    Neither do I.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Winner, if you go from talking up its chances of getting to $1.60 soon to calling it a finance company worth less than $1.20, then a disclosure on your posts regarding your holdings would be nice.

NBT

Disc Hold.

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    You seem awfully certain?

EDIT: With a director adding ~$5,000,000 to his holding at $1.29 I think it would make sense to believe the price should increase - or that he at least believes as much.

Why would he buy-in "now" if he could get it at a cheaper rate in ~3months time?
    (forgive my young brain!)
    First point I am only talking about the share price movements between now and full year (or an acquisition). They have told us the FY is $47m .... as Percy says they always do what they say. If Jeff says nice things in August the share price should go up but I think seeing expectations have been diminished that $1.60 plus I said is now far away

Secondly Tomlinson looks like he took a chunk of the Quadrant shares. He was offered and took. He a long term investor and couldn't give a stuff about what the share price is in August. I doubt he would ever buy large amounts in dribs and drabs anyway.

Thirdly re the share price heading to $1.20 - have you noticed the trend down from late January - nearly four months. With the cat out of the bag about the FY result there is nothing to reverse that trend (except an acquisition). Given up on my up trending channels - that was depressing. Watching the down ward channels now
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Winner, if you go from talking up its chances of getting to $1.60 soon to calling it a finance company worth less than $1.20, then a disclosure on your posts regarding your holdings would be nice.

NBT

Disc Hold.
    Their guidance was a disappointed. My expectations are now much lower. As I said at the time $1.60 to $2.00 is now a very distant target, not by Christmas

Reckon price will drift down for the next few months .... and then depending on what they say in August might/should recover

If it means anything I have some

Dilettante

Kiwibank reporting net profit for 9 months to 31 March up 35% yoy and net interest income up a strong 25%.
    Co-op also reporting a very strong result with net profit up 24%, bad debt expense down 32% and mortgage lending up 12%.
    The sector seems to be going strong so HNZ hopefully on track to reach upper end or beat guidance !

A snippet from the Sea Dragon report

• Heartland Bank extends working capital facilities as the demand for working capital intensifies

Good on them supporting the smaller growth companies in NZ