sharetrader
Page 513 of 1734 FirstFirst ... 1341346350350951051151251351451551651752356361310131513 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 17335
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    snip .. You should post an updated chart BaaBaa ...mine looks rather sad, yours might cheer me up
    My daily chart may not cheer you up winner, the SP is below the linear regression channel median, below the 50EMA which has defined the recent trading range. If you want a boost though, it has also closed Friday above the daily 100EMA and bounced off (exactly!) the 50% Fib retracement from the move Jan'12.

Charts tell you precisely what you want them to.

BAAAttachment 7377

percy

Hogwash.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you overlay the charts of the Australian Banks,ANZ,CBA,NAB,WBC with HNZ's, you will see the concerns the market has with Australian Banks is rubbing off on HNZ.
    Yet, as I keep pointing out Heartland does not have the Australian Banks' problems.
    But wait there's more.
    The best moving average I have found for HNZ is the 200 day EMA.A true friend.
    Don't look now,but all the Australian Banks are under their 200 day EMA.!!!
    However Heartland remains above theirs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by percy; 30-05-2015 at 10:01 PM. Reason: missed CBA.

Membaa

Hogwash or not Percy and with due respect, the souls who bought the story above the current share price are under water right now. This is not about whose right or wrong, it's about what is the best thing to do with your money if you are, in, or out, right now. If you advocate the 200EMA you're also saying it's OK if the holders lose another $0.19 (or thereabouts), because of what? All I'm saying is that Heartland has changed, it might not be a growth+yield story anymore, and I'd like you and Roger to put up a case, as there are attendant risks which might give cause for caution? That's not hogwash Percy, that's just putting it out there for discussion, you can't deny that Heartland SP has deteriorated and there is no telling where the floor is.

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Hogwash.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you overlay the charts of the Australian Banks,ANZ,CBA,NAB,WBC with HNZ's, you will see the concerns the market has with Australian Banks is rubbing off on HNZ.
    Yet, as I keep pointing out Heartland does not have the Australian Banks' problems.
    But wait there's more.
    The best moving average I have found for HNZ is the 200 day EMA.A true friend.
    Don't look now,but all the Australian Banks are under their 200 day EMA.!!!
    However Heartland remains above theirs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 30-05-2015 at 10:16 PM.

percy

Go to the great advice KW gave about using TA to time entry/exits.
    As a long term shareholder the 200 day EMA has proved the only reliable indicator to use.
    Many on this thread brought in at 50cents,60 cents 70,cents,80 cents,90 cents,and have remained holders.
    It would take a definite break of the 200 day EMA before I conceded the uptrend is broken.
    I am sorry the only advice I can give to those who have brought in at higher prices, is to watch the 200 day EMA,currently $1.20,and remember "the story remains" intact.
    The sp has been affected by the rub off of the Australian banks,yet HNZ are on track to met their guidance.As always, it is HNZ's projections that we should watch,keeping in mind HNZ's history of doing what they say they will do.
    In August we will get the year's result.
    The sp will be affected by a number of things.Lower earnings with lower forecast will bring the sp down.
    Another acquisition,a further credit rating upgrade,or an increase in profit will drive the sp higher.
    My experience is good companies surprise on the upside.
    Last edited by percy; 31-05-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Default We've been here before, but......

This might brighten up some folks' day. E&OE, and the flag could last a while. I still think there's a chance that gap will be filled at $1.18 level. But despite my flag-waving, think of this move as a healthy retracement after a strong run. Entirely natural market reaction, which can be seen on lots of stocks, bonds, FX, all day every day across the globe, on all timeframes. It depends how hard you look
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some buzz in the market that HNZ will need a capital raising to buy F&P Finance.

Short term negative but longer term, extremely positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    This might brighten up some folks' day. E&OE, and the flag could last a while. I still think there's a chance that gap will be filled at $1.18 level. But despite my flag-waving, think of this move as a healthy retracement after a strong run. Entirely natural market reaction, which can be seen on lots of stocks, bonds, FX, all day every day across the globe, on all timeframes. It depends how hard you look
    Funny, after percy and baabaa having a TA discussion of sorts I thought of those flags of yours and went back to the graphic I posted a while ago. Is below

Good stuff - $1.60 plus here we come (by Christmas I reckon)

percy

Funny, after percy and baabaa having a TA discussion of sorts I thought of those flags of yours and went back to the graphic I posted a while ago. Is below

Good stuff - $1.60 plus here we come (by Christmas I reckon)
    Would tie in with Balance's post!!!!!
    FPF would, as Balance says, be extremely positive.A capital raising for FPF would be well received, and I think we would see a rerating of HNZ very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Would tie in with Balance's post!!!!!
    FPF would, as Balance says, be extremely positive.A capital raising for FPF would be well received, and I think we would see a rerating of HNZ very quickly.

As long it turns out to be EPS accretive

percy

As long it turns out to be EPS accretive
    Sorry, I thought it goes with out saying.!
    Other wise no point.!!
    Heartland guys are bankers,not some charitable do gooders.!
    They do not giveaway our money, or their own.!
    Last edited by percy; 31-05-2015 at 12:51 PM.