sharetrader
Page 52 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021525521052 ... LastLast
    percy

Well I see HNZ at 55cents today.
    Charts looking better I hope Hoop.?

IMO

Mmmmh how much downside will there be if they don't get the banking license ?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Mmmmh how much downside will there be if they don't get the banking license ?
    The banking licence.Should they fail I would expect the SP to drop approx 5 cents for a day or two,until HNZ/Reserve Bank give reasons for decline of licence.HNZ would then advise the market what steps they are taking to fix those concerns and give a time-table to when they will re-apply.SP will then readjust.
    Granting of licence I would expect the SP to under react for a day or two, then move upwards.[trajactory]
    The whole point of the bank licence is for HNZ to pay less for the money it borrows.They do not have any trouble attracting funds at present.In fact they went through Govt guarantee with too much cash.Better with the licence,but not the end of the world without it.
    What I find of most importance is the fact they have prepared the company to the stage where they are in the position to apply for the licence.The company must be in great shape for them to take the final step in applying for the licence.
    Last edited by percy; 16-08-2012 at 06:56 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Thy don't have one now and I doubt many who hold (or are looking to buy) expect a B.L. to make much difference in the short term.
    Exactly.Well put.

Hopefully the ASB result will flow on to other players in the finance industry including Heartland.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    TOOT TOoooooooot.

OK guys its at 51c this morning and has broken it's up trend...whats happened??

Disc: recent buy in

It's a cliche but shares do not go up or down in a straight line.

Especially in this case when there's a quick 5% to 10% profit to be made from buying Dodgie Georgie's fire sale stocks at 52 cents and doing a quick flick.

That stock is being absorbed.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well I see HNZ at 55cents today.
    Charts looking better I hope Hoop.?
    Yeah Percy charts not too bad ..the odd isolated short term sell signal interwoven within the longer term positives. HNZ seems to be having a breather after its previous run up...
    That was a strange intraday drop (breaks) the other day... I couldn't figure it out on the day........With hindsight, on the simple chart it's got that "shake out" signature look about it...what ever it was it sure got my attention.

percy

..the odd isolated short term sell signal interwoven within the longer term positives.

Yes I see it the same way;HNZ on a gentle rising trajectory.

IMO

$15 million profit a big drop on the $20 to $24 million forecast but the s/p was alot higher too back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It's a cliche but shares do not go up or down in a straight line.

Especially in this case when there's a quick 5% to 10% profit to be made from buying Dodgie Georgie's fire sale stocks at 52 cents and doing a quick flick.

That stock is being absorbed.
    Traders' stock still being absorbed but market now 56 cents bid.

Still 29 cents to go to reach NTA - 52% potential upside.

Isn't it refreshing to have the stench of Georgie's smelly presence on the share register and in the company gone?