sharetrader
Page 530 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3043048052052652752852953053153253353454058063010301530 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 17397

Well, all I have said is the gap should get filled at some stage, and it's pretty much done that. One more chocolate or two Mr Creosote?

What happens after that is anyone's guess, but I noted that the bottom of the gap coincided with previous resistance levels (should now be support levels), and the EMA200.

Jeff to Simon: crikey, if that 118 level goes, I'm knackered for a bonus this year. Is Hendo interested in building all these apartments? Give him a ring.......

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Well, all I have said is the gap should get filled at some stage, and it's pretty much done that. One more chocolate or two Mr Creosote?

What happens after that is anyone's guess, but I noted that the bottom of the gap coincided with previous resistance levels (should now be support levels), and the EMA200.

Jeff to Simon: crikey, if that 118 level goes, I'm knackered for a bonus this year. Is Hendo interested in building all these apartments? Give him a ring.......
    No no xerof, I wasn't thinking of lending to the developers - just to the punters and first home buyers who are forming the new gold rush in Auckland (the heartland of New Zeeland) ..... but lending to the likes of Hendo would be very lucrative - better still fund the developers as well as the buyers .... 'now that's niche' I can hear Simon telling Jeff

They might as well start lending to property developers in Auckland...at least there's a well documented history of real estate prices going up...
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-06-2015 at 09:16 AM.

percy

Well I think the Heartland success remains on track to deliver both increasing dividends and a growing share price.
    The last update,only a few weeks ago,confirmed Heartland were on track to deliver what they said they would.
    The Holden promotion has been explained to me by management,and as you would expect, it has been carefully thought out.It has generated a lot of business,and with most people trading a vehicle in,the deal works out the same as a usual vehicle finance deal,with customers preferring to have a smaller amount owing.
    All banks, including Heartland,will have "issues" with the dairy industry,yet under continuous disclosure,no one has put up their hand to say they have a "big" problem.I am sure Heartland will update us when they report in late August.
    For me nothing has chanced.
    Last edited by percy; 23-06-2015 at 09:40 AM.

How the leading banks went in the march quarter

http://www.interest.co.nz/sites/defa...%20release.pdf

Interest margins under pressure the story says. Just as well heartland is niche and not competing to get business.

All the banks are praying dairy doesn't turn out to be N.Z's "iron ore" problem. Where is the light at the end of the tunnel for either commodity ?...sooner or later when their customers continue to lose money the banks will have to stop digging a bigger hole for themselves by continuing to support them. It won't affect this year's profit so yes, they're doing what they say they will but make no mistake folks, if dairy stays depressed for 2-3 years there's big changes coming for the industry and Fonterra won't be the only one doing some major restructuring. In a sustained low dairy environment its almost inevitable that some people with moderate to high debt will have to be forcibly disestablished from the industry. The extent of the losses to the banks could be quite material and is obviously worrying the market, just look at the SP.

Whilst it is true that most people trade a car in, many don't so they are lending to some customers on no deposit, deferred payment terms and those customers will be circa 40% underwater on the value of the second hand vehicle by the time the first payment is due and then of course we have all this new unsecured consumer lending through www.ifinance.co.nz and www.harmoney.co.nz. This sort of lending and ongoing lending to cash flow negative dairy farmers, prudent lending ?...you be the judge. All my mates on here thought I was crazy ringing the alarm bell on here when it was $1.32 when I sold most of my shares and didn't seem to want to acknowledge there was an emerging problem. Crazy or just using my knowledge of finance companies and how slow they are to recognise bad and doubtful debtors to see a little further over the horizon ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-06-2015 at 11:03 AM.

This decline is driving me insane

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Don't let it ! Many stocks have seen some declines recently, including AIR and SCL as I am sure my mate Roger can confirm

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I know the feeling were probably both wishing we had sold at $1.30 plus and bought back around nowish aye.

On the day newspapers are screaming headlines like this, HNZ tumbles !

"NZ's big banks continue record run with $1.69b three-month profit"

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...eemonth-profit