sharetrader
Page 533 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3343348352352953053153253353453553653754358363310331533 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 17397
    Dilettante

ANZ and Rabobank not too worried about farmers debt levels despite low dairy payouts. They are the 2 biggest agri lenders I believe.

http://www.interest.co.nz/rural-news...g-dairy-prices

And the banks, big and small, continue making record profits

http://www.interest.co.nz/business/7...t-net-interest

http://www.interest.co.nz/business/7...t-posts-record

Percy, we are well positioned
    Last edited by iceman; 23-06-2015 at 05:46 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ANZ up 2% and HNZ down 3% odd ---- go figure

Oh I forgot its just noise

But a lot of noise lately - wiping $120 million of the market cap in a few months .....heck that's a lot
    ANZ,CBA,NAB,and WBC have all "turned up".HNZ has not.
    Tried figuring,and can't figure.? Beyond my figuring capabilities!
    I look forward to the $120 mil being regained just as quickly.
    Will leave that for the big figurers to figure out.I guess I am figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Since 18th June 2013 the share price of Heartland has stayed above the 200 day EMA.

On 20th May last year was the only time the share price at 86 cents hit the 200 day EMA.
    Well, almost 2 years to the day the 200EMA has been broken ......spooky in a way

Does this mean the long uptrend is broken .....no, it's only noise

Believing in 200EMA is ok as long as shows what you want to see ....when it doesn't you do your Sergeant Schultz thing 'I seez nothing, nothing'

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Well, almost 2 years to the day the 200EMA has been broken ......spooky in a way

Does this mean the long uptrend is broken .....no, it's only noise

Believing in 200EMA is ok as long as shows what you want to see ....when it doesn't you do your Sergeant Schultz thing 'I seez nothing, nothing'
    ANZ,HNZ,NAB,and WBC are trading below their 200 day EMA.CBA has just gone up through theirs.
    I expect all the banks will do the same,including HNZ,so Sergeant Schultz could teach us all.!!
    I thought HNZ would stay above theirs,so I was wrong.

ANZ,HNZ,NAB,and WBC are trading below their 200 day EMA.CBA has just gone up through theirs.
    I expect all the banks will do the same,including HNZ,so Sergeant Schultz could teach us all.!!
    I thought HNZ would stay above theirs,so I was wrong.
    so percy you agree with winner69 that HNZ trading below 200 EMA is normal as all other major banks, that's not "well positioned"

as i known nz biggest dairy export market china, dairy farmers start dumping milk because over supply and milk power producers refuse to collect more liquid milk from farmers, and price paid to farmers is less than 1 chinese dollar( 20c nzd) per kg, that is cheaper than bottle water, their said the soft dairy market won't expect recovery in next two years, this is a terrible picture for nz dairy sector a major part of HNZ.
    Last edited by Master98; 23-06-2015 at 08:20 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    so percy you agree with winner69 that HNZ trading below 200 EMA is normal as all other major banks, that's not "well positioned"
    Certainly not "well positioned",however I am expecting to be "well positioned" again soon.Whether or that is very soon, or just soon, time will tell.lol.

Certainly not "well positioned",however I am expecting to be "well positioned" again soon.Whether or that is very soon, or just soon, time will tell.lol.
    percy i just edit my post.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    percy i just edit my post.
    As far as I know NZ dairy sector is not a major part of HNZ.
    I don't think it is even. a major part of HNZ's rural lending book.
    Rural lending is made up of land,equipment,seasonal lending,livestock,crop lending etc.
    I can't remember seeing a break up of each part,so I can't qualify the amount HNZ have affected by the dairy sector concerns.What I do know is all banks have some exposure.I am expecting comment from HNZ in the annual result.
    Last edited by percy; 23-06-2015 at 08:35 PM.

Rural lending is made up of land,equipment,seasonal lending,livestock,crop lending etc.
    I can't remember seeing a break up of each part,so I can't qualify the amount HNZ have affected by the dairy sector concerns.What I do know is all banks have some exposure.I am expecting comment from HNZ in the annual result.
    From half year presentation under business update and strategies

- Active management of dairy farming clients
    - Focus on Sharemilkers enabling young NZ farmers commence dairy farming business

They seem pretty keen on this dairy sector to me. That focus on sharemilkers a bit of a worry in light of Rogers comments re such things

Or just weasel words in a presentation?
    Last edited by winner69; 23-06-2015 at 08:49 PM.

the reverse mortgage is not performing well and will not, at least not working for me, if i do need cash i will downsize my property instead let bank control my property, and p2p lending is extra high risk for bank and i don't like it, so what else left , motor loan? no idea.

i was HNZ holder, sold at $1.4, may come back if sp drop under $1.0.