sharetrader
Page 545 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 4544549553554154254354454554654754854955559564510451545 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 17397
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wrong thread Percy .....I read it on the other thread.

Totally confused now - this thread has people telling Percy he is an ostrich. (With his head in the sand?) and all the Heartland stuff is on another thread
    Now why does your post not surprise me?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hmmmm A "heartless" pedantic type might note that $48m on 469,890,280 shares gives 10.2 cents per share but let's not split hairs because we've all found our happy place tonight
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm His record on Heartland has over the years been pretty right.
    Go with his maths.........................

Yeah, horribly confusing isn't it Winner. So are they funding seadragon farms now too ? Gee, I'll have to take my boner (cow) elsewhere.

Here I was thinking banks play a role in smoothing out business cycles - silly me
    Last edited by Xerof; 02-07-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm His record on Heartland has over the years been pretty right.
    Go with his maths.........................
    Yeah mate, lets pretend there's really not 469,890,280 shares currently on issue. I am sure Chris has his calculations right and the NZX are wrong and my calculator isn't working properly.
    http://www.4-traders.com/HEARTLAND-N...518/revisions/
    Lets also pretend the consensus analyst forecast of 10 cps is nonsense too because we're all looking for our happy place tonight
    zzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-07-2015 at 07:01 PM.

percy

Yeah mate, lets pretend there's really not 469,890,280 shares currently on issue. I am sure Chris has his calculations right and the NZX are wrong and my calculator isn't working properly.
    Pedantic Roger.
    His history writing on Heartland for over three years has been excellent.
    When brokers were ignoring Heartland, Lee and Kevin Gloag were attending agms ,talking to management and directors,doing research and sharing it on his site..
    He has been right on the money the whole time. So lets give him some Leeway.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Below is a link to an article in the Christchurch Press about irrigation. Of perticular interest is the farmers obsevations about rural lenders hawking money.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farm...tre-of-drought

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    The critical two paragraphs

The change water has made to the prospects for farmers in the area covered by CPW hasn't gone unnoticed by banks and Cookson says financiers he's never dealt with before have been keen to talk to him.

"A friend down the road banks with another bank and he's had my bank driving up his driveway and I've had his bank driving up my driveway. They're really keen to lend money for irrigation development – they obviously see it as a safe and good thing to get into."

Hope that these really keen bankers are the Heartland bannkers

This is real down to earth gutsy niche lending .... and to the cleverer farmers as well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

What's eight tenths of a cent EPS between friends eh ?. I shall consider myself told off like a naughty mischievous troublemaking dog and go and sit in the corner with my tail firmly between my legs Have a good evening mate.

Advanced Member

and my calculator isn't working properly.
    Should that not be .. " Correctly "..

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Roger, you could be right about HNZ being valued 'about right' by the market at the moment

I have given up this flag pole charting stuff. To work properly the price needs to go straight up to $1.60 and that aint going to happen

So belief in Heartland in delivering is necessary.I reckon 27% return over the next 12 months (from $1.20). OKish maybe. Based on these assumptions -

1 - I should never have asked whose halo is going to lose its lustre first (from our current list of esteemed and most loved leaders who are benefiting from the Halo Effect). It is not going to be Jeff's

2 - Heartlands earnings growth is going to slow but still be a respectable 17% in FY16 (see top half of table below, it all makes sense)

3 - Jeff 'hinted' at the ASM that the market needs to rerate HNZ. Whereas currently priced at 1.2 times Book Value a step up to 1.4 times is a good start to get anywhere near its peers.

4 - Not allowing for capital initiatives in all this.

So this time next year a share price of $1.44 and a 27% return for the year methinks. Sep in the table should be June
    Back to being serious and looking at HNZ as a good investment just repeating last weeks thoughts
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

HNZ back above 200D EMA at 1.20.

This is on a week that dairy prices dropped 10%.

And today HNZ rose 2.6% when all the aussie banks dropped.

I suspect if Greece votes 'Yes', then we might see a bit of a rally in HNZ.
    Last edited by noodles; 03-07-2015 at 07:28 PM.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR