sharetrader
Page 546 of 1746 FirstFirst ... 4644649653654254354454554654754854955055659664610461546 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,460 of 17459
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    HNZ back above 200D EMA at 1.20.

This is on a week dairy prices dropped 10%.

And today HNZ rose 2.6% when all the aussie banks dropped.

I suspect if Greece votes 'Yes', then we might see a bit of a rally in HNZ.
    I find myself "well positioned."!!!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Back to being serious and looking at HNZ as a good investment just repeating last weeks thoughts
    Winner, you are clearly a man of influence

And no silly cow talk today either....ooops
    Last edited by Xerof; 03-07-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    HNZ back above 200D EMA at 1.20.

This is on a week that dairy prices dropped 10%.

And today HNZ rose 2.6% when all the aussie banks dropped.

I suspect if Greece votes 'Yes', then we might see a bit of a rally in HNZ.
    And if Greece votes no are we to expect a retraction? Going by the last couple of days the NZX seems to be saying it doesn't matter either way to us.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    And if Greece votes no are we to expect a retraction? Going by the last couple of days the NZX seems to be saying it doesn't matter either way to us.
    If couta1 buys, expect a retraction.

warthog ... muddy and smelly

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    No one knows what will happen if the Greeks vote 'No'. I reckons it will lie somewhere between a murmur and a meltdown.

I read somewhere that the China stock market meltdown has costed more loss of value than the entire Greek GDP. Maybe a "Yes" will just focus attention elsewhere.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Why Percy is getting excited about these impending capital management initiatives, a la a capital return to those shareholders who want it. He be a bit pissed if everybody has take some of it.

Lets for the sake of simplicity say a 10% capital return and assume this years Eps is 10.2 fcents (actually could be 10.19837591257 cents to Rogers calculator)

On these assumption eps would be 11.3 cents (better than 10.2cents eh) and ROE would be 11.4% instead of 10.3% (magic - ROE has gone up on same profit, objective achieved)

Impact on share price. Say a PE of 12 is maintained it adds another 12/13 cents to the share price.

And if that happens the P/B ratio goes up from 1.23 to 1.37 - real magic that is,a market rerating and even closer to those awful Aussie banks

Those numbers are just FY15 numbers and a 'before' and 'after' case. But imagine this time next year when $56m is NPAT. That be an EPS of 13.3 cents ....now we are firing, a PE of 12 is $1.60. Spooky how that $1.60 keeps popping up isn't it.

Hope it all goes to plan eh, no wonder Percy is excited. I am
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    If couta1 buys, expect a retraction.

Gee and here i was thinking i was just another insignificant minnow swimming around in a shark pool

Spooky how that $1.60 keeps popping up isn't it.
    Sorry to keep raising your flagpole Winner, but you're about 4 cents too conservative. If we are seeing the start of the new rally, then the target will be $1.64, being the height of the previous flagpole added to the nexus of the new rally. Looking for lower lows and higher highs from here, otherwise I will be out at b/e.

Percy, when we were getting thrashed by the queen street farmers yesterday, I was waiting for you to raise the issue of the security that HNZ take over these (I'll whisper it) cow loans. Not only do they have security over the 'asset', but they also require a guarantor, GSA I would guess, whose assets would be picked over in the event of default. You know, like the Dads who risk life and limb as guarantors for son's car with the lowered door handles, and no suspension. Sounds like good smart niche banking practise to me. Anyway, seeing you didn't enter stage right with that killer blow, I thought I would mention it myself

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post

Percy, when we were getting thrashed by the queen street farmers yesterday, I was waiting for you to raise the issue of the security that HNZ take over these (I'll whisper it) cow loans. Not only do they have security over the 'asset', but they also require a guarantor, GSA I would guess, whose assets would be picked over in the event of default. You know, like the Dads who risk life and limb as guarantors for son's car with the lowered door handles, and no suspension. Sounds like good smart niche banking practise to me. Anyway, seeing you didn't enter stage right with that killer blow, I thought I would mention it myself
    Like they apparently have done with the Seadragon facility Xerof. Thankfully !

This guy recommends HNZ, good on him

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mone...nd-new-zealand
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”