sharetrader
Page 562 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 6246251255255855956056156256356456556657261266210621562 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 17414
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I had feeling that Jonas was the real brains in Heartland so an enormous loss

Save heaps on the wage bill ....he was on a good wicket
    Didn't you say the same when Sean Kam and Mark Mountcastle resigned?
    Greenslade attracted great people to key positions in HNZ.They all performed, making HNZ a lot better business .
    HNZ is the envy of all NZ financial organisations with its strong balance sheet , and recognition that they are achieving what they say they will do.
    This means they will attract the very best people to fill Michael Jonas place.

Being Head of Strategic & Product Development I think its not unreasonable to infer there is some tension around the board table with how the new loan products are performing and / or some directors wanting a more traditional approach and / or potential disagreement with further new product initiatives.

As a separate matter it is very interesting to note the SP dropped in a meaningful way and on bigger than normal volume before this announcement came out. That in itself is not a good look as it suggests insiders are very disappointed with this key intellectual loss.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-07-2015 at 04:48 PM.

IMO

Rodger The Wedgie. HNZ below 200DMA and Rog moves in creating doubt.
    Teamed up with KW i bet and backing the truck and trailer up ehh.
    Well you won't get them even from my cold dead hands!!
    w69 is so quixotic i now know why; sleep deprivation and a drive to see both points of view and make maximum dosh daily with a 9 sec span of attention.
    Did anyone notice my post above came out re 8 mins before the announcement

Ignore me I'm suffering an indecisive colony collapse breakdown about HNZ
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 23-07-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Yes I noticed your post was before the annoucement..... More leaks than a sieve eh

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Rodger The Wedgie. HNZ below 200DMA and Rog moves in creating doubt.
    Teamed up with KW i bet and backing the truck and trailer up ehh.
    :
    ... and I thought you were coming on to tell us about the impending DEATH CROSS .... below the 200MA is bad enough but a DEATH CROSS is ouch

Bugger -should have sold the lot like Roger did at 131 ...or was it 132
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

It wasn't a presented as a price sensitive announcement - stop being so sensitive

Percy, what's your take on this? Sounds like you're not worried due to the previous attractions to "new director(s)"?
    The market doesn't agree with you, that's for sure!! :P

percy

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    Percy, what's your take on this? Sounds like you're not worried due to the previous attractions to "new director(s)"?
    The market doesn't agree with you, that's for sure!! :P
    The market often does not agree with me.
    I can only control what I think and do.[the market often catches up with me].
    Xerof again shows us his sound judgement.

Missed by that much

In theory I am down so much on HNZ that if it was almost any other company I would be cutting my losses. But then I look at the fundamentals, and the return on my investment over the longer term, and it is still a hold.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    In theory I am down so much on HNZ that if it was almost any other company I would be cutting my losses. But then I look at the fundamentals, and the return on my investment over the longer term, and it is still a hold.
    Jantar,
    I am sorry you are down on your HNZ investment.
    The fundamentals remain good,as does HNZ balance sheet,and their management just keep achieving what they say they will do.
    My watch list is on www.stocknessmonster.com If you type in HNZ and then NZ and then go to news it will bring up this year's news.
    You can then click go onto the right hand side of the page and read the HNZ news for any year you want.Go back a few years and read the presentations,and half year and full year results.It will confirm you have invested wisely.I have steadily added to my HNZ position until it is now my largest holding.I sold a few I received in divie reinvestment last November to buy into SCL.Other than that I have not sold any,and have no intention of selling any in the foreseeable future.Yes I was very concerned a few weeks ago when HNZ sp went below the 200day EMA.I thought long and hard about my HNZ holding,re did my research,and decided I was right.
    Last edited by percy; 23-07-2015 at 05:50 PM.