sharetrader
Page 574 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 7447452456457057157257357457557657757858462467410741574 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 17390

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Your be hoping they are not at all accurate with valuation of Sum at $3.71 aye (12 month target) actually come to think of it Roger likes Craig's valuation on that stock? What am I missing here?
    Stern lectures about HNZ foolish lending policies and Ostriches with their heads in the sand!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    A slanderous post re Craigs was taken down and the writer appears to have copped a ban. Three days without down ramping should also boost the price Winner

Seems to have been a lot of action on and off the field today Xerof

I looking forward to seeing the full year accounts to see where I got it all wrong with my sums.

My forecast was FY15 NPAT of $51.5 as belwo picture. There's a whole lot of workings feeding into the final number I came up. Most were based on what was said in various announcements, presentations and at the ASM - so it was really only putting numbers to what was being said.

As it looks like it is only going to be $49.2m I got it wrong big time - thus keen to see where

Hope its not bad debts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Winner, CETI stands for Creative Earnings Though Investment

Default Cet1

I saw it mentioned in Fawlty Towers... Episode 3, subtitled BASEL111, and the Colonel mumbled something to Basil about COMMON EQUITY TIER 1

Winner, They've been sayin' top of 46/49 range for months haven't they? Percy will tell you they do as they say
    Last edited by Xerof; 29-07-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    I saw it mentioned in Fawlty Towers... Episode 3, subtitled BASEL111, and the Colonel mumbled something to Basil about COMMON EQUITY TIER 1

Winner, They've been sayin' top of 46/49 range for months haven't they? Percy will tell you they do as they say
    Ah so there was a 1 at the end and not an I

Might have twigged if I had noticed that in Joshua's post

Thanks
    Last edited by winner69; 29-07-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Winner, CETI stands for Creative Earnings Though Investment
    Though... or ... Through ??

Percy has been banned?????

I joined ST several years ago, after reading various threads for many months, by which time I had assessed there were some very worthwhile posts which helped me a great deal, from people genuinely sharing their knowledge, which was, and still is, far superior to mine. In my first few years, I learned much, and learnt to take on board good knowledge from the likes of Percy, to name but one of about a dozen. Of that dozen, there are only about 4 left whom I still consider genuine posters.

Sadly, there are many more members now who seem only too happy to be as disruptive, disrespectful, in fact downright rude, as they can, without thought to the damage they cause. These types tend to jump the fence, depending on how a share price is rising, or falling. Posters who doggedly continue for years to put down a company or management are a comparatively recent phenomenon, and I have long since stopped reading some posters who do this. They remind me too much of talkback radio, which I had forced on me in a workplace years ago. I thought they were just a bunch of folk who liked the sound of their own voice, and kept banging away daily telling the same old story.

What concerns me greatly is that for any newcomers reading various threads, if they have little investor experience, they could well get burned badly by reading/following the freely given ‘advice’ given by a number posters, which is often without foundation. Being a prolific poster does not necessarily mean one knows all, but there is a real danger that someone from the outside looking in may take it that that is the case.

The ‘banned’ issue seems like a joke to me. If someone is banned, it might suggest that something heinous has been done, and therefore the ban may extend to a month or more, but normally when I think of a ban I think of it as permanent.

Having said that, I am already extremely disappointed that percy has received one of these infamous bans, and I would be even more so if he were not to return. He, along with a very few others, brings a measured voice of experience and reason to ST.

I just cannot believe that Percy would have posted something worthy of a ban. He has for some months now undergone some very unpleasant attacks by one poster in particular, and has stood up well to that, and not retaliated, although I would have thought he has every right to.

Perhaps when a member is banned the rest of the members should be given an explanation as to why, without the need to divulge details. It might save speculation.

I am very clear on one thing, Share Trader is not the wonderful sharing/learning platform it once was, which is a real shame.

Percy, I hope your ban is not permanent, and that you will return to continue to help people.

First of all, how do you get to know or learn when someone is banned? Secondly, what would constitute a ban? And thirdly, yeah, what did Percy post to get banned?

Veteran novice

Well said, Karen!

I agree whole heartedly!

I also cannot understand why anyone would be banned from this site,bloody rediculous in my opinion,There have been more than just Percy that have disappeared from this site that I really enjoyed reading and gaining from their knowledge.
    In my opinion we need to encourage not ban posters from this site no matter how sharp their comments or views.

SO... Let the So-called mod come on here and explain why so many people get banned on here,or ban me for calling you a ****ER!