sharetrader
Page 577 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 7747752756757357457557657757857958058158762767710771577 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 17390
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by karen1 View Post
    Percy has been banned?????

I joined ST several years ago, after reading various threads for many months, by which time I had assessed there were some very worthwhile posts which helped me a great deal, from people genuinely sharing their knowledge, which was, and still is, far superior to mine. In my first few years, I learned much, and learnt to take on board good knowledge from the likes of Percy, to name but one of about a dozen. Of that dozen, there are only about 4 left whom I still consider genuine posters.

Sadly, there are many more members now who seem only too happy to be as disruptive, disrespectful, in fact downright rude, as they can, without thought to the damage they cause. These types tend to jump the fence, depending on how a share price is rising, or falling. Posters who doggedly continue for years to put down a company or management are a comparatively recent phenomenon, and I have long since stopped reading some posters who do this. They remind me too much of talkback radio, which I had forced on me in a workplace years ago. I thought they were just a bunch of folk who liked the sound of their own voice, and kept banging away daily telling the same old story.

What concerns me greatly is that for any newcomers reading various threads, if they have little investor experience, they could well get burned badly by reading/following the freely given ‘advice’ given by a number posters, which is often without foundation. Being a prolific poster does not necessarily mean one knows all, but there is a real danger that someone from the outside looking in may take it that that is the case.

The ‘banned’ issue seems like a joke to me. If someone is banned, it might suggest that something heinous has been done, and therefore the ban may extend to a month or more, but normally when I think of a ban I think of it as permanent.

Having said that, I am already extremely disappointed that percy has received one of these infamous bans, and I would be even more so if he were not to return. He, along with a very few others, brings a measured voice of experience and reason to ST.

I just cannot believe that Percy would have posted something worthy of a ban. He has for some months now undergone some very unpleasant attacks by one poster in particular, and has stood up well to that, and not retaliated, although I would have thought he has every right to.

Perhaps when a member is banned the rest of the members should be given an explanation as to why, without the need to divulge details. It might save speculation.

I am very clear on one thing, Share Trader is not the wonderful sharing/learning platform it once was, which is a real shame.

Percy, I hope your ban is not permanent, and that you will return to continue to help people.
    Hear Hear..

Thank you KW for your response to this ..

Banning is becoming far to frequent in my opinion..

Advanced Member

Percy has always been a leading light with his opinions..

Like them or not..

He has always come back with his reasons like them or not..

That is not in my opinion a reason to ban him or any one..

Having said that.. I did no read what he said..

But I have met him..

A genuine man.. who says what he believes ..

Haven't been on this forum for long but have already learnt a lot and enjoy reading both Percy and Roger's views... would've been a huge loss if it were permanent.

percy

BANNED.
    Questioning,then pointing out the errors of STMOD ways resulted in me being banned.
    So STMOD I apologise for my PM to you,and thank you for lifting the ban.Your job must be near impossible.
    To all sharetraders who have posted here, and sent me personal emails,thank you for your kind words.
    I now look forward to again trying to make a worthwhile contribution to this, and other threads.
    Last edited by percy; 30-07-2015 at 07:49 AM.

Outside thinking.

Well said Karen…. we have lost too many good posters lately. They are missed. Maybe we need more care with moderation and some who get hurt need a bit of wise guidance so we don't lose them.

I joined ST several years ago, after reading various threads for many months, by which time I had assessed there were some very worthwhile posts which helped me a great deal, from people genuinely sharing their knowledge, which was, and still is, far superior to mine. In my first few years, I learned much, and learnt to take on board good knowledge from the likes of Percy, to name but one of about a dozen. Of that dozen, there are only about 4 left whom I still consider genuine posters.

Sadly, there are many more members now who seem only too happy to be as disruptive, disrespectful, in fact downright rude, as they can, without thought to the damage they cause. These types tend to jump the fence, depending on how a share price is rising, or falling. Posters who doggedly continue for years to put down a company or management are a comparatively recent phenomenon, and I have long since stopped reading some posters who do this. They remind me too much of talkback radio, which I had forced on me in a workplace years ago. I thought they were just a bunch of folk who liked the sound of their own voice, and kept banging away daily telling the same old story.

https://nzx.com/companies/HNZ/announcements/267674

HNZ do give me clearly indication, buy signal.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    https://nzx.com/companies/HNZ/announcements/267674

HNZ do give me clearly indication, buy signal.
    Well I suppose I sometimes have an odd sense of humour.
    Recent research has 2016 npat at $50mil,while today's HNZ announcement has $51mil plus.[HNZ deliver on what they say].
    Well is the extra $1mil the saving they will make on a wage??? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Recent research has 2016 npat at $50mil,while today's HNZ announcement has $51mil plus.[HNZ deliver on what they say].
    welcome you back my old mate.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Looks like Jeff reads ST and has come out with an announcement to support you and clarify their fairly modest exposure to dairy !

IMO

Yippee straight from the HEART. I would like to thank the non believers for that NZX announcement; it seems Heartland are responding directly to us lil bickering posters on here; some message; what a hot heart line; sun is out Mahana everyone.