sharetrader
Page 596 of 1738 FirstFirst ... 9649654658659259359459559659759859960060664669610961596 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 17380

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    I see Fonterra are going to step in with $430M worth of loans to those in need.

I wonder if Heartland will qualify.
    The loans will be going to farmers to help them to meet their obligations to the banks. Yeah I guess Heartland will qualify to benefit from this.

Guru

I haven't commented on this thread before, but have been keeping a check on Heartland... I am just quite amazed how despite "continually positive" revisions to earnings, this share is now the same price as it was in January of this year!

Dairy does not have a huge effect on Heartland (really), but it is still nice to see Fonterra's announcement (short term factor). They else have the "seniors finance" which they seem to be a market leader in, and I think this will really take off over time (long term factor).

In conclusion, I think it is general market weakness, especially in banking stocks, that is pushing Heartland down... very seriously considering entering at price $1.10 (if market forces allow)

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I haven't commented on this thread before, but have been keeping a check on Heartland... I am just quite amazed how despite "continually positive" revisions to earnings, this share is now the same price as it was in January of this year!

Dairy does not have a huge effect on Heartland (really), but it is still nice to see Fonterra's announcement (short term factor). They else have the "seniors finance" which they seem to be a market leader in, and I think this will really take off over time (long term factor).

In conclusion, I think it is general market weakness, especially in banking stocks, that is pushing Heartland down... very seriously considering entering at price $1.10 (if market forces allow)
    most shares on NZX have ever been dipped to one year low, but HNZ still way over one year low 94c, so really not too bad.

Guru

It seems Fonterra announcement blew HNZ 112 support out of the water and those $1.12 buyers ran for the hills...Amazing how quickly a strong support can weaken to nothing...eh?

So what is this 112 Bull /Bear line I keep mentioning?... Its better known as the Primary Support Line and when broken it marks the change of status for HNZ from Bull to Bear.

The prudent investor (if not already) switches strategies and now uses various Bear Market investment strategies for HNZ..The simplest strategy is staying "out".

For the Chartists :..While HNZ is in this bear zone (below 112c) We keep a close watch on any suspicious change of behaviour. The most well known of the Bear behaviours is the bear market correction commonly known as the sucker rally. (investors buy long at support and selling out near resistance).

EDIT:...As the 112c line is a Bear confirmation line as well as a support line..looking back to February 2015 to now there seems to have been two sucker rallies. This bear behaviour indicates HNZ had a cyclic reversal to bear starting February 2015. See my chart 28th July Post #5684
    Last edited by Hoop; 07-08-2015 at 08:34 PM.

That DEATH CROSS at 122 odd was a pretty good sell signal for long term holders

And 111 is even below the 300MA
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Cows and calves were discouraged on this thread and diverted some where else

Ostriches were ostracised and got some individuals banned so not mentioned again

I think that there should not be any more talk of BEARS on this thread

It's not becoming of Heartland and its all a bit depressing.

Jeez the cricket is boring. Guptil out won't help
    Last edited by winner69; 07-08-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Mr P, a doyen and mentor to many on sharetrader, had a favourite phrase "The market giveth, but the market also taketh away"

The market has just taketh away 21% of what it once valued Heartland at. Maybe the market is going to taketh away even more.

Mr P, the doyen he was, always pleaded with us not to let the market taketh away what it had giveth us. Some have been wise and followed that advise (well done Roger for one). He was a good guy that Mr P ....and his charts.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Ostriches were ostracised and got some individuals banned so not mentioned again

Jeez the cricket is boring. Guptil out won't help
    You asked for something on Cows and Calves thread.
    I have posted what you asked for.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

When you're holding free shares W69, does it really matter what the SP does, if you're OK with long term yield (not withstanding social responsibility misgivings etc etc)? HNZ isn't going out of business for any of the reasons posters here like to freak out the holders with, the worst case scenario is that they'll fail to meet guidance and the SP wanes a bit further. Big deal, HNZ will still make profits and returns for shareholders. The worry is for shorter term buyers in above $1.12 still holding who thought they'd make a quick bob on the capital gains, not for freeholders, or those who are out already. If you're in the freehold group, or out, maybe we should all just button our lips, we're not welcome here anymore? Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    When you're holding free shares W69, does it really matter what the SP does, if you're OK with long term yield (not withstanding social responsibility misgivings etc etc)? HNZ isn't going out of business for any of the reasons posters here like to freak out the holders with, the worst case scenario is that they'll fail to meet guidance and the SP wanes a bit further. Big deal, HNZ will still make profits and returns for shareholders. The worry is for shorter term buyers in above $1.12 still holding who thought they'd make a quick bob on the capital gains, not for freeholders, or those who are out already. If you're in the freehold group, or out, maybe we should all just button our lips, we're not welcome here anymore? Get it?
    I holding what left in the hope of increasing the unrealised gains, not for the dividend.

But if things keep turning to custard they will be sold

Agree with you. Heartland not going broke, maybe not even a temporary hiccup in earnings. Chances are it will make more next year than it did this year.

But it is market sentiment that we need to watch, and react to.

Was going to say more but better not.