sharetrader
Page 597 of 1738 FirstFirst ... 9749754758759359459559659759859960060160764769710971597 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 17380
    Advanced Member

Superb yield at this price - transfer of shares from the weak to the strong

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I holding what left in the hope of increasing the unrealised gains, not for the dividend.

But if things keep turning to custard they will be sold

Agree with you. Heartland not going broke, maybe not even a temporary hiccup in earnings. Chances are it will make more next year than it did this year.

But it is market sentiment that we need to watch, and react to.

Was going to say more but better not.
    Fair enough, do what you want, though if I had a pile of freehold HNZ shares I'd just put them in the proverbial 'bottom drawer' and go look for another freehold prospect. I am out, at a nice but modest profit, and I've resisted posting here until tonight because I think that the HNZ holders deserve a break from being harangued buy freeholders and non-holders about what may or may not happen to their shares. Let them make up their own minds. HNZ will eventually signal a buy opportunity and that's when we might pile into it again, but incessant bleating (a Baa word) isn't helping anyone. This is not just directed at you. This thread is dominated by people who suffer no consequence and have nothing to gain from their contributions, except maybe the cynical who wish for a lower re-entry price. JMHO of course. I'll go quiet again now, I've said my piece.

IMO

I like your piece 1 and 2 BB sensible stuff.
    w69 so much time on your hands mate; micro managing can a psychotic paranoid inducing lifestyle; get out into nature, take on winters elements (have all the gear); look at the early cheer and daffodils sprouting, i saw two tuis fighting today;spring is coming soon, go and donate your time to a charity etc live a little of the life that is being human. Here endth my sermon. Note to self ;do more of the same. Climbed Mt Maunganui today .
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 07-08-2015 at 09:28 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Fair enough, do what you want, though if I had a pile of freehold HNZ shares I'd just put them in the proverbial 'bottom drawer' and go look for another freehold prospect. I am out, at a nice but modest profit, and I've resisted posting here until tonight because I think that the HNZ holders deserve a break from being harangued buy freeholders and non-holders about what may or may not happen to their shares. Let them make up their own minds. HNZ will eventually signal a buy opportunity and that's when we might pile into it again, but incessant bleating (a Baa word) isn't helping anyone. This is not just directed at you. This thread is dominated by people who suffer no consequence and have nothing to gain from their contributions, except maybe the cynical who wish for a lower re-entry price. JMHO of course. I'll go quiet again now, I've said my piece.
    Excellent post Baa Baa especially the bits about current holders versus non holders/free holders.

percy

Tainted by Australian Banks.
    ANZ Bank's $3 billion capital raise has correctly spooked the market.The $3 billion is partly to meet regulatory requirements.
    ALL Australian banks have to hold more capital to mitigate the risk of losses on home loans.!
    ANZ's has further increased provisions by 13% mainly mining and agriculture.
    So what has this to do with HNZ?
    Capital.HNZ have excess capital.More than meets The Reserve Bank of NZ requirements,and possibility of share buy back.Capital return?
    Australian home loans.HNZ's only exposure is via Australian REL loans.Not sure regulatory requirements.
    Australian mining.HNZ have no exposure to this sector.
    Dairying in NZ.From Craig's research 28/7/2015.HNZ's exposure to the slowing dairy sector IS NOT significant 7.6% of its total loan book.Craigs estimate other banks exposure is up to 15%.
    HNZ announcement 30th July 2015.....2016 Estimated NPAT of $51mil to $55 mil.This includes allowance for estimated impairments.

Share prices follow earnings.....buy earnings growth.[steve fleming]. HNZ has earnings growth.
    Share prices are driven by increasing dividends... HNZ are increasing dividends.
    Banks have great capacity to pay increasing dividends.HNZ are a bank.

"In the land of the blind,the one-eyed man is king".

Back to ANZ and the other Australian Banks.......They have been very rewarding for investors,and will continue to be for the long term investor..
    Last edited by percy; 08-08-2015 at 09:14 AM.

I own a fair amount of heartland shares, I lose count but over 500k. I'm holding and buying on weakness

Banned

As an aside HNZ will get a portion of that fonterra payout for any loans to dairy farmers it has that become impaired as has been stated that the payout would go to the banks at first instance.
    Last edited by couta1; 08-08-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    I own a fair amount of heartland shares, I lose count but over 500k. I'm holding and buying on weakness
    I like the cut of your jib horus1. You don't sell your farm or business just because you have a bad year or two. Buy in gloom/sell in boom (if you must) ��
    SCOTTY

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    As an aside HNZ will get a portion of that fonterra payout for any loans to dairy farmers it has that become impaired as has been stated that the payout would go to the banks at first instance.
    But surely ANZ and the other banks will get most of it

They are the ones in it up to the proverbial I'm led to believe. HNZ are well protected and have LOW exposure
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But surely ANZ and the other banks will get most of it

They are the ones in it up to the proverbial I'm led to believe. HNZ are well protected and have LOW exposure
    You do not think Fonterra being a NZ company will pay the NZ Banks first.????
    I guess also being a co-op The Co-Op Bank will be paid first?
    May be more at stake tonight than just the Bledisloe cup..??? lol.
    Last edited by percy; 08-08-2015 at 01:04 PM.