sharetrader
Page 599 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 9949954958959559659759859960060160260360964969910991599 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 17360
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ha ha Roger - I think quite a few members told you and me to fuk off last night. They don't want nonholders and freewheelers posting here, upsets them apparently.

Conversely I find the same old repetitious stuff saying how good HNZ are that gets posted a bit boring. hardly anything new most of the time..

Obviously no muzzling you Roger .....getting told to fuk off is like a red rag to a bull to me anyway.

I think both sides of the story are important.
    Pretty provocative w69; i feel a little disappointed by your seeming to enjoy stirring the pot with inaccuracies. And if you want to lower the standards and use the F word i suggest you go elsewhere. I will be taking it up with mod if you keep using it; lets keep reasonable standard on this forum thanks.
    I think BB said it quite well. No one is suggested muzzling or not discussing those are yours and Rogers words. But it is the frequency of posting that concerns me and the bulldozing of an attitude that he is right and everyone else is wrong and he has a tardus to prove it.Haranging is a fair word for BB to use in my opinion. Attempting to influence people re sentiment on a stock is unacceptable;and that is how it comes across at times.Im hoping its not meant to but thats feedback from recipients. Anyway reporting is pretty close now ; looking forward to what results are.

The 19th getting closer.

There won't be anything exciting announced. This financial year all done and dusted and really far too early for Heartland to say anything too specific about any potential exposure to a high level of bad debts - the **** hasn't hit the fan yet, and unless a potential problem can be quantified it won't be disclosed.

I'll be looking at two things.

One is the segmental analysis to see whether nims are holding up as well as tracking the movements in impairment provisions to judge whether they may be getting a bit more 'aggressive' in general provisioning.

Secondly will try to work out why H2 incremental profit is only about $1m when it has been averaging over $3m for the last couple of years. That $1m just seem right - compared to recent history and then to get to $56m in FY16 it has to average $3m again. Something a bit wonky here or next years forecast is way out.

I expect the 19th will be anti-climatic and a non-event. It will be seen as no news is good news for some but others might Dig a bit deeper. That'll keep the debate going.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Heartland been paying for some solid advertising spots for seniors finance on sky sport around the AB's games.

Winner - how much you think next divvy will be?

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Gee Nexbigthing - would have thought anytime now was a good time to buy?
    Don't catch a falling knife

OK Joshua, I apologise for using and will cease using such words.

Yes, we need to lift our standards.

Thanks for pulling me up.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I like your piece 1 and 2 BB sensible stuff.
    w69 so much time on your hands mate; micro managing can a psychotic paranoid inducing lifestyle; get out into nature, take on winters elements (have all the gear); look at the early cheer and daffodils sprouting, i saw two tuis fighting today;spring is coming soon, go and donate your time to a charity etc live a little of the life that is being human. Here endth my sermon. Note to self ;do more of the same. Climbed Mt Maunganui today .
    Winner thanks for the reply; you seem to have deleted it?I enjoyed reading it and apologies re above.Im not suggesting you were any of them just that watching the s/p etc all the time much can be less then productive; the mkt is weighing machine etc etc. Yeah i too find it really helpful when i get out for some exercise and a roam in nature ; gives me more perspective about what really matters and puts making money in its place in the order of the quality of living. Think i will just await results now and spend less time watching and reading on here myself:0 cheers JT

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    OK Joshua, I apologise for using and will cease using such words.

Yes, we need to lift our standards.

Thanks for pulling me up.

i tried this tonight - it was great.

Apple Pie

From the Edmonds Cookbook, Apple Pie with shortcrust pastry
    Ingredients

200 g shortcrust pastry
    25 g butter, melted
    2 teaspoons sugar
    Filling

4-6 Granny Smith apples
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons Edmonds plain baking flour
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    Preparation

On a lightly floured board roll out pastry slightly larger than a 20 cm pie plate
    Cut two 2.5 cm wide strips long enough to go around the edge of the pie plate
    Brush with water
    Spoon apple filling into centre of pie plate
    Pour butter over filling
    Cover with remaining pastry
    Press edges firmly together to seal
    Cut steam holes in centre of pastry
    Trim and crimp edges
    Decorate pie with any pastry trimmings
    Brush lightly with milk or water
    Sprinkle with sugar
    Bake at 200°C for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden
    Test with a skewer if the apple is cooked
    If not, reduce oven temperature to 180°C and cook until apple is tender
    Filling

Peel, core and slice the apples. Combine sugar, flour and cloves. Toss apples in this mixture.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Confused, okay? If there's a vote or something then I'm all good with no kumbayas, circle jerk or recipe swaps. I was was thinking that the "sharetrader" in the url was a fair clue or am I missing the point?

Hector ....think scales

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Here's a crude way to quantify things.
    HNZ's dairy exposure $200M. Say 50% of them gounder. HNZ only recover $25M so they're $75M down in total.
    The revenue stream from the lost dairying is made up by the growth in other sectors so they continue to have NPAT $50M.

For five years they reduce the payout by $15M to rebuild the $75M. Therefore they pay $35M individends which equates to over 7% return..
    That's a fairly bleak scenario with 50% of guys going under and recovering only 25% due to lower herd prices. Yet they can rebuild the funds while paying 7% for five years then return to 10%.

Still better than most divvy stocks or bank interest.