sharetrader
Page 60 of 1746 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364701101605601060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I believe the valuation of HNZ must ultimately be dependent on supply and demand for its lending services.

The best interest rate link from the sharechat website puts me through to: http://www.depositrates.co.nz/

Heartland has a call rate of 3.75%, a 90 day rate of 4.5% and a 12 month rate of 5%. These are of course leading rates that apply to new term deposits and those that are rolling over. Customers can get higher call rates at BNZ and ANZ/National. Heartland are higher than the best of the big banks (Westpac by 0.5%) on a 3 month term. Heartland are 0.5% higher than the best of the big banks (BNZ) on a 12 month term.

I am not convinced that I would put my hard eaned deposit money with Heartland for only a 0.5% premium, given its much lower credit rating. I do not believe that Heartland is yet demonstrating the growth in demand for its services is there to sustain firstly a higher profit and as a result a higher share price.

SNOOPY
    0.5% may not sound like much but to a fixed income investor, scared witless from all the scams and cons in recent years, an extra $500 per $100,000 buys their grandchildren their Christmas and birthday presents.

The fact that HNZ is holding its own in attracting deposits says something about how it is perceived and if it gets a banking licence, watch the funds flow increase.
    Last edited by Balance; 18-09-2012 at 10:11 AM.

percy

"The board has determined to defer the AGM until the end of November,to give shareholders greater comfort that the outcome on bank registration can be meaningfully addressed at the meeting."
    Sensible announcement.

Licence must be a cert then ..... and champagne at the AGM .... but heck Ashburton .... where the hell is Ashburton

Or is that a trick question .... is there an Ashburton Hotel in Christchurch?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Licence must be a cert then ..... and champagne at the AGM .... but heck Ashburton .... where the hell is Ashburton
    Having a chuckle to myself about the choice of wine/champagne.PGC meetings were always 4pm friday afternoon and choice of wines was always excellent,but think you maybe right on the money;licence ,good stuff;no licence, chateau card-board.
    Ashburton is the Heartland capital of NZ.In the heartand centre of the Canterbury plains being central to Christchurch and Timaru ,cultural center of mid Canterbury,home of Ashford spinning wheels a wonderful place to pass through.
    However should HNZ perform it will come a place that we will look forward to making an annual pilgrimage to.
    The local airport also welcomes those up up and away flyers.
    Last edited by percy; 18-09-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    .......a wonderful place to pass through.
    Now I get it ..... probably passed through but not noticed

Is that the small town down that way where the highway (main road) swaps from one side of the railway line to the other

However should HNZ perform it will come a place that we will look forward to making an annual pilgrimage to.
    The local airport also welcomes those up up and away flyers.
    Think big shall we percy .... have a vision shall we .... the annual pilgrimage to Ashburton the NZ equivalent of the annual pilgrimage to Omaha to see Warren ..... and if we think really big maybe Warren will come to Ashburton to meet Geoff )it is Geoff isn't it)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Think big shall we percy .... have a vision shall we .... the annual pilgrimage to Ashburton the NZ equivalent of the annual pilgrimage to Omaha to see Warren ..... and if we think really big maybe Warren will come to Ashburton to meet Geoff )it is Geoff isn't it)
    Yes,yes "the I have a vision,the annual pilgrimage,the crossing of the railway tracks,an audience with Geoff,nights of line dancing will surely attract Warren and possibly Charlie.A visit to Garner Wayne's birth place,and our chance to sing along with that heartland all time favorite Love in a Fowl House." Fun,education and all the time making money.See ya there.!!!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    Will we see HNZ at 60c again?
    Do n't know,but the buyers at 65cents today will be looking forward to 70cents rather than 60cents me thinks.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do n't know,but the buyers at 65cents today will be looking forward to 70cents rather than 60cents me thinks.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    88 cents, Percy - that's where it is heading.

The train has left the station but there's still time to jump onboard - need to jump though!

One easy play this is - Thanks to Dodgie Georgie's fire sale.
    Last edited by Balance; 24-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.