sharetrader
Page 611 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 11151156160160760860961061161261361461562166171111111611 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 17397

As I got my first bundle then at $1.30 and even lower prices for the subsequent ones, I'm not hesitating now to get some more at this price of $1.12. Just averaging it down. Risky? Maybe but I don't think so

percy

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That you backing the truck up there at 1.11 Percy?
    Wish it was....
    No, I brought mine earlier this morning. [at a higher price]. The big increase in divie made me do it. ..Just love those increasing divies.lol.
    Was not many years ago I was at the HNZ agm in Ashburton and comment was made of the poor ROE.
    Greenslade agreed, and said they were aiming for 10% .This year's is 10.4% an increase of over 15% on last year's.Greenslade delivers.!
    It is extraordinary fact, that while the Australian banks are raising capital, HNZ is looking at a share buyback.
    Any buyback will increase ROE,EPS and make it easier for HNZ to keep increasing their dividend.Off course the opposite is the case for the Australian Banks.
    Trader Jackson's comment was so right;Absolute Stunner.
    Last edited by percy; 18-08-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Veteran novice

Well done, HNZ!

Not subject to the Australian prudential body APRA's capital requirements, of course.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    What would be more interesting to know is whether HNZ get first dibs on all the loans that come through, picking out the good ones and leaving only the crappy ones to retail investors. Anyone know how that works?
    He who pays the piper calls the tune ,would apply here, I would think.!!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Well done, HNZ!

Not subject to the Australian prudential body APRA's capital requirements, of course.

Off course.
    Yet if they were they would not need to raise further capital.

I wasn't surprised by the substantial increase in loan provisioning, almost doubling, (reflecting my previously articulated concerns about no and low deposit lending and unsecured lending), but to be fair after such a dramatic increase in provisioning the profit result was solid, reflecting stronger margins on those sort of loans.

What did very pleasantly surprise me was the loans to sharemilkers only comprise 6.6% of their dairy loan book meaning the vast majority of their dairy loans are secured over land and buildings. This should give shareholders some comfort going forward.

After a 20 cent correction and the passage of several months of time since I sold out at calling it fair value at $1.32 and having thought the SP was over-valued for some time and been correct, I am now happy to call this as fairly valued trading cum a fully imputed 4.5 cent divvy. Long term investment trading through the trough of the present cycle these are probably not a bad buy as part of a well diversified portfolio, at these sort of depressed level's.
    Disc - Bought back in a modest stake this afternoon.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-08-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Banned

Roger please warn me by pm if your thinking of buying back into Sum, the shock would be just too much for one to take otherwise

Been surprised how muted the response to the announcement has been. I would have their would be heaps of excitement today on here.

Just sussed why - I must have too many posters on the ignore list.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Yes I am also quite surprised... when they came out with the market updated recently (prior to the results), the share price rallied... today the actual results are out, even better than the market update and nobody seems to care to much... very very surprising...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Yes I am also quite surprised... when they came out with the market updated recently (prior to the results), the share price rallied... today the actual results are out, even better than the market update and nobody seems to care to much... very very surprising...
    There has been heavy selling into the good news, but the price has held which is always good. Seller/sellers have been reloading at 113 all arvo. Once whoever it is has unloaded I think it looks onwards and upwards (famous last words)