sharetrader
Page 617 of 1738 FirstFirst ... 11751756760761361461561661761861962062162766771711171617 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 17380
    Guru

There must be a huge seller in the market right now (hence the depressed share price)... there are (and have been) a lot of sell orders around the $1.15 mark... any idea as to who it would be?

Doesn't help to know who really, it's the collective "them"

but Hoop's chart this morning was a nice perspective of where it's at - retesting the breakdown line out of the channel.

check if the elephant looks pissed off......

percy

Well one broking firm has been "holding itself at the ready."
    Chris Lee & Partners Ltd.
    Market News...27th July 2015.
    Bank Issues-
    We maintain our mail list for the prospect of subordinated bond offerings from the NZ banks.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well one broking firm has been "holding itself at the ready."
    Chris Lee & Partners Ltd.
    Market News...27th July 2015.
    Bank Issues-
    We maintain our mail list for the prospect of subordinated bond offerings from the NZ banks.
    will a bond issue put pressure on the sp or does it attract a different type of investor

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    will a bond issue put pressure on the sp or does it attract a different type of investor
    Yes I think a different investor or at least a different part of an investors portfolio. Also given that at the same time they are considering a share buy back, I'd expect an upward push on the SP

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    Bonds attract a more conservative type investor generally(Yikes that was me a few years ago) Would have no effect on the share price although it does change the companies liabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Bonds attract a more conservative type investor generally(Yikes that was me a few years ago) Would have no effect on the share price although it does change the companies liabilities.
    Not a Basil 3 compliant issue mate...its treated as capital raised and then they can go and do lovely creative things like a share buy-back of the ordinary shares Does that count as an up-ramp
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-08-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Not a Basil 3 compliant issue mate...its treated as capital raised and then they can go and do lovely creative things like a share buy-back of the ordinary shares Does that count as an up-ramp
    And buying back shares good,especially with that pile of excessive capital being a drag on the balance sheet.

Buying back 10% of the shares would increase EPS by more than 1 cent and dividend should increase

Market uses same valuation ratios and just like that Heartland share worth 12/13 cents more. Yippee

If a buyback goes ahead my $1.40 becomes $1.50 plus
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Depending on the size of the issue, it could have a significant affect on the share price.
    A large issue means more funds available for the share buyback.
    A share buyback will straight away improve ROE,EPS, and will result in HNZ having the capacity to increase the dividend further.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    And buying back shares good,especially with that pile of excessive capital being a drag on the balance sheet.

Buying back 10% of the shares would increase EPS by more than 1 cent and dividend should increase

Market uses same valuation ratios and just like that Heartland share worth 12/13 cents more. Yippee

If a buyback goes ahead my $1.40 becomes $1.50 plus
    Absolutely mate although you're being a little conservative there. If they do a decent sized issue of say $100m plus oversubscriptions there's only 470m shares on issue so they could do a buy-back for 25% of the shares...then we get $1.60+++