sharetrader
Page 626 of 1749 FirstFirst ... 12652657661662262362462562662762862963063667672611261626 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 17482
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Timeline

HNZ in results presentation "Key drivers of growth are GDP and employment"

FNZC this week "30% chance if recession" ....leading to higher unemployment

HNZ next year maybe "poorer economic conditions than expected meant we did not meet growth expectations"
    Gee winner you sure know how to dampen percys party now don't ya,were you a spoilt child by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Time line.
    11th May .......Major shareholder Greg Tomlinson increases his holding at $1.30.
    Late July.........Brokers Craigs and FNZC research confirms HNZ are producing the goods.
    30th July.........HNZ's update guidance is positive.
    18th August....HNZ result.Record profit,low dairying exposure confirmed.Posible share buy back because of excess capital,positive,as it will increase ROE,EPS and most probably the dividend..Increased increased dividend announced.A fantastic result and outlook.
    18th August...I buy more shares at $1.15.
    24th August..CEO Jeff Greenslade buys shares at $1.15.
    24th August ..Head of banking,Chris Flood buys shares at $1.16.
    As per always, we must do our own research, and make up our own minds whether we buy,sell or hold any company's shares.
    All good stuff. Nothing wrong with HNZ fundamentals.

But over the next month or so what happens to the shareprice has nothing to do with fundamentals, it all about what risk adverse nervous punters will pay (assuming anybody wants to buy anyway)

NTA is 90 cents ...maybe that the bottom if a slide is to happen.

(Note. MAC got banned when on the PEB thread he keep repeatedly keep posting lists of good things. I would hate it if you got banned for doing the same thing)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Gee winner you sure know how to dampen percys party now don't ya,were you a spoilt child by any chance?
    All invited guests are enjoying my party.
    Been in full swing for 3 or 4 years,and it is getting better each year ...lol.
    Last edited by percy; 26-08-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Had a really tough upbringing mate ....but got over that

But if we want to be nice to percy you delete your reply and I delete the original most.

Aren't we meant to forward looking and consider upsides and downsides ..like a balanced view.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    All invited guests are enjoying my party.
    Been in full swing for 3 or 4 years,and it is getting better each year ...lol.
    Wakes can be fun as well

Banned

Had a really tough upbringing mate ....but got over that

But if we want to be nice to percy you delete your reply and I delete the original most.

Aren't we meant to forward looking and consider upsides and downsides ..like a balanced view.
    I just can't work out where you stand on this stock, one minute hot then next cold, I'm feeling confused?

I just can't work out where you stand on this stock, one minute hot then next cold, I'm feeling confused?
    Great company, not the time to be holding at the moment for somebody who is not a long term buy and hold type. I'd love to hold for years if the price was steadily rising.

That's where I am at the moment.

Percy a good guy. We have had a lot of good banter over the years but he does seem to bring out the bad in me sometimes.

I thought it was quite interesting yesterday that notwithstanding the big bounce in the Aussie banking shares and for most of the day the Dow futures pointing 200-400 points upwards, HNZ opened significantly weaker and stayed down all day while many other NZX stocks recovered. Make of that what you will...

IMO

Just need to remember couta at any point in time some of us have our investing hats on ,some trading hats on and in winners case all hats on.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 26-08-2015 at 10:16 AM.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

All good stuff. Nothing wrong with HNZ fundamentals.

But over the next month or so what happens to the shareprice has nothing to do with fundamentals, it all about what risk adverse nervous punters will pay (assuming anybody wants to buy anyway)

NTA is 90 cents ...maybe that the bottom if a slide is to happen.
    ANZ has an NTA of $16.32 and is currently priced at almost 2x that at $30.98

Using this same valuation metric of 2x NTA, HNZ is clearly worth almost $1.80

Just let me get my fill before you all start putting your bids in