sharetrader
Page 637 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 13753758762763363463563663763863964064164768773711371637 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,370 of 17390
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question The bid is at 1000, do I hear 1500

Forget all the Technical Analysis Rubbish...

The Tiger Still Likes Heartland - that is all you need to know.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

This post has been scanned for traces of sarcasm - the result is off the scale
    om mani peme hum

HNZ still interested in MTF according to announcement today.

percy

A very clear announcement,that spells out the issues very simply.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A very clear announcement,that spells out the issues very simply.
    Maybe has something to do with delaying the AGM?
    SCOTTY

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Maybe has something to do with delaying the AGM?
    Ha, ha, yes,I think you are onto it.!!!!

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Didn't the directors just buy some more? Gee, I wonder why that could be?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    LOL If it all goes wrong you could try using a 1000 day moving average. 200 days is the "recognised" long term indicator isn't it Hoop ?
    Yep...
    MA200 is sometimes recognised as a confirmation point for a new cyclic bear or bull tide....As an bear tide confirming indicator it can be too late but it is handy as a confirmation for a bull tide as it seems to be early enough...When a stock is bottoming out with a double or triple bottom pattern the MA200 can make a very useful variable S&R line...
    The MA200 number can be different to say using 250 because 200 being commonly used it will have a trading effect therefore act as a S&R line.

The MA200 is a great hindsight indicator....It's used in textbooks illustrating cyclic reversals to a bear market + the later capitulation with great effect ..Unfortunately in practice that MA200 illustration is useless because of the too late lagging effect and also sometime the MA200 break happens just before a price rally indicating an end of a bull market correction......... ..Traders would use leading indicators and other more sensitive indicators and would "out" before the MA200 fires the sell signal..

As a chartist I find the MA200 usefulness comes into play less often than other indicators...I find the trend of the MA200 can be as useful...

MA200 is best used as data for specific purposes...
    e.g...I use it as it is a component (NYA200r) in my sentiment indicator set up (seen on the S&P500 thread) to predict a bull market correction or a cyclic reversal

As far as HNZ goes..

MA200 was hopelessly inaccurate up to April 2012 until due to the restructure..

In June 2015 it was too late as a sell signal.. but it did signal HNZ change to Bear market status as it confirmed the log primary trendline break at $1.20..This change of status theoretically meant that investors would now swap their investing strategies from Bull market sailing strategies (e.g Buy and hold) to the more active Bear market rowing strategies (e.g buy at support sell at resistance)...

After many years of inaction the MA200 role will be more useful, more important as it will be:
    1...a lot quicker to confirm a cyclic reversal to create a new primary uptrend (change of status back to Bull market)
    2...or...act as a resistance area in a continuing bear market status
    Last edited by Hoop; 18-09-2015 at 01:02 PM.

percy

Often it pays to use a different EMA for different companies.
    Back testing will give you the best EMA to use for each company.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Often it pays to use a different EMA for different companies.
    Back testing will give you the best EMA to use for each company.
    Yes....also true for TA indicators..the default setting is only the combined best fit overall for medium term investing..

I'm basically lazy so near enough is good enough...however some TA badily behaved stocks have motivated me to fiddle around with the settings...But mostly I can't bothered and I simply leave these TA naughty stocks well alone................plenty of other well behaved fish in the sea
    Last edited by Hoop; 18-09-2015 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yes....also true for TA indicators..the default setting is only the combined best fit overall for medium term investing..

I'm basically lazy so near enough is good enough...however some TA badily behaved stocks have motivated me to fiddle around with the settings...But mostly I can't bothered and I simply leave these TA naughty stocks well alone................plenty of other well behaved fish in the sea
    Which are your naughties Hoop?
    warthog ... muddy and smelly