sharetrader
Page 641 of 1731 FirstFirst ... 14154159163163763863964064164264364464565169174111411641 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,410 of 17301
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think with the Sportzone case and liabilities unresolved, an offer for MTF can only be regarded as reckless !!
    Exactly......................

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think with the Sportzone case and liabilities unresolved, an offer for MTF can only be regarded as reckless !!
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Exactly......................
    Yes I wouldn't be happy at all if I was a shareholder in Turners. This for all intents and purposes looks like a punt on a binary event with potential for significant value destruction...a punt on a blocking stake. How do Turners directors think they can fairly value MTF shares in the circumstances ?
    The mind boggles to understand how Turners directors are exercising their fiduciary obligations to shareholders in good faith and in their best interests.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduciary Maybe they want to reflect on the definition of fiduciary duty.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-10-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes I wouldn't be happy at all if I was a shareholder in Turners. This for all intents and purposes looks like a punt on a binary event with potential for significant value destruction...a punt on a blocking stake. How do Turners directors think they can fairly value MTF shares in the circumstances ?
    The mind boggles to understand how Turners directors are exercising their fiduciary obligations to shareholders in good faith and in their best interests.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduciary Maybe they want to reflect on the definition of fiduciary duty.
    Is it a decision made at board level though or at exec level?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Is it a decision made at board level though or at exec level?
    To make an offer public, it would have to be at the board level in my view.

Reading between the lines,I think HNZ have done a deal with MTF,and regardless of the outcome will make an offer or maybe some other deal.
    Otherwise why postpone the AGM? And didn't MTF sort of support HNZs interest in the company.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Reading between the lines,I think HNZ have done a deal with MTF,and regardless of the outcome will make an offer or maybe some other deal.
    Otherwise why postpone the AGM? And didn't MTF sort of support HNZs interest in the company.
    ASM postponed as Paper Tiger pointed out it clashed with the directors off to the Melbourne Cup.

You guys read too much into announcements
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ASM postponed as Paper Tiger pointed out it clashed with the directors off to the Melbourne Cup.

You guys read too much into announcements
    Your probably right on the money. Some diligent CFO or coy secretary would have scheduled for between 2 and 4 Nov until some keen director punter pointed out that Tuesday falls there... ok lets postpone...

percy

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Your probably right on the money. Some diligent CFO or coy secretary would have scheduled for between 2 and 4 Nov until some keen director punter pointed out that Tuesday falls there... ok lets postpone...
    Yeah Right.!!!
    I think there's a bit more to it than that.!
    Most probably "invested" in a horse which is a "dead cert" to win The Cup.!.................
    Well, we do know they have a small exposure to cows,but no mention has been made of horses.
    lol.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yeah Right.!!!
    I think there's a bit more to it than that.!
    Most probably "invested" in a horse which is a "dead cert" to win The Cup.!.................
    Well, we do know they have a small exposure to cows,but no mention has been made of horses.
    lol.
    Perhaps they have a few spare dairy cows and they're running them in the race to give them something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    There has been harsh words between these two companies before so I think you're drawing a very long bow with that speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    To make an offer public, it would have to be at the board level in my view.
    Agreed.

MTF constitution requires consent of the company for any shareholder to own more than 10% thereof, (source, content contained in Turners notice of proposal to acquire 20% stake).
    Anyone looking to take this puppy over will need to be working closely with its directors.

Perhaps they have a few spare dairy cows and they're running them in the race to give them something to do.
    LOL too funny !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-10-2015 at 10:48 AM.