sharetrader
Page 648 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 14854859863864464564664764864965065165265869874811481648 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 17412

Prob had good intelligence that Turners were getting a good response ....so piss them off with a counter 'realistic offer' now.

If turners were after a bit of green washing they be disappointed
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well I sold all of one,but none of the other.!!! lol.
    One may have enough to block the other :-))))

Stalemate.. Or Checkmate ???

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I just hope not to much of a bidding war between Turners and HNZ doesn't breakout, otherwise it could turn into an "expensive operation" for the 'winner'... Has anyone worked out at a price of $1.50 a share HNZ is valuing MTF at (eg indicative P/E and other ratios)?
    I think maybe more opportunistic by Turners,they would know all about HNZ s interest in purchasing,so why compete when it would stretch them financially. It will be interesting,I like a bit of corporate activity,especially when you own both.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    One may have enough to block the other :-))))

Stalemate.. Or Checkmate ???
    Well rereading HNZ's announcement,I hardly think Turners offer will gain any traction.
    I would think any "dealers" who have accepted Turner's offer will have no trouble "changing their minds" in the cool off period.!! It looks to me HNZ have nipped it in the bud.
    So I see Turners have three options.
    1] Leave their offer as is, in the hope they get some acceptances.
    2] Walk away.
    3] Increase their offer.This would mean they have a lot more "capital" at risk.
    As I see it Turners are in no position to make a full takeover offer,and matching HNZ's $1.50 offer may be beyond their means.
    Last edited by percy; 13-10-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Trader-Jackson

In doing your homework maybe just come up with 1) what you think MTF is worth and 2) what value HNZ sees in using the MTF network to generate new business

We'll forget about the synergistic benefits at the moment
    Last edited by winner69; 13-10-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Membaa

Holders will no doubt be encouraged with the HNZ move on MTF, good on you, and against a technical breakout upwards it's nice to see some good news (and good timing by HNZ) .. if someone was still talking to someone else we'd be hearing them uttering endless "EPS accretive" suppositions, which have thus far not entered the discussion. But when will we see HNZ behaving like a bank instead of a finance company? Both banks and finance companies are vulnerable at what might be a topped out economy heading towards leaner times, but finance companies as we know, get slaughtered if the markets turn to custard.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Holders will no doubt be encouraged with the HNZ move on MTF, good on you, and against a technical breakout upwards it's nice to see some good news (and good timing by HNZ) .. if someone was still talking to someone else we'd be hearing them uttering endless "EPS accretive" suppositions, which have thus far not entered the discussion. But when will we see HNZ behaving like a bank instead of a finance company? Both banks and finance companies are vulnerable at what might be a topped out economy heading towards leaner times, but finance companies as we know, get slaughtered if the markets turn to custard.
    May pay to google; KMPC's Banking Quarterly.Latest one was very positive for NZ banks.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    May pay to google; KMPC's Banking Quarterly.Latest one was very positive for NZ banks.
    A quick response, loaded with expensive consultancy Percy, but answer the question if you will .. the question was, "when will we see HNZ behaving like a bank instead of a finance company?" If MTF was a truly good buy for a 'bank', they would have been contested by the major banks. I think the majors might have no interest in MTF for good reasons. Let's think this through before assuming it's the best outcome for HNZ shareholders, and blowing off a comment with some consultancy report probably paid for by a bank, or banks.

percy

A quick response, loaded with expensive consultancy Percy, but answer the question if you will .. the question was, "when will we see HNZ behaving like a bank instead of a finance company?" If MTF was a truly good buy for a 'bank', they would have been contested by the major banks. I think the majors might have no interest in MTF for good reasons. Let's think this through before assuming it's the best outcome for HNZ shareholders, and blowing off a comment with some consultancy report probably paid for by a bank, or banks.
    Was only trying to be helpful.!

Baabaa - when Heartland applied to become a BANK the well respected CFO at the time said it was 'really only a marketing ploy'

It was to give them greater degree of respectability in the eyes of depositors etc ..... and of course lower funding costs

At the end of the day they essentially remain a 'finance company' ....but as a BANK subject to a greater degree of scrutiny from the banking authorities