sharetrader
Page 653 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 15355360364364965065165265365465565665766370375311531653 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 17414
    Advanced Member

[QUOTE=Roger;

Interesting times lie ahead for this brave new frontier of lending.[/QUOTE]

I agree .. Have sold half of everything..

Why ?...

Makes one concentrate....

Time to sort the wheat from the chaff..

IMHO.. :-)))

Think that I am OK.. Pass the Tui !!..

Guru

I would like to think Harmoney is well regulated as I'm sure the people giving it licenses are well aware of the risks involved.

I see the above comments as interesting, but at the end of the day, just speculation.

As for Heartland exposure to Harmoney... I believe they have a 15% shareholding, so one could argue it isn't alot of exposure anyway

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I would like to think Harmoney is well regulated as I'm sure the people giving it licenses are well aware of the risks involved.

I see the above comments as interesting, but at the end of the day, just speculation.

As for Heartland exposure to Harmoney... I believe they have a 15% shareholding, so one could argue it isn't alot of exposure anyway
    I think Roger was referring to the loans that Heartland have made through the Harmoney platform .... not an insignificant amount I believe

As an aside Harmoney valued at more than $100m (based on what latest new shareholder paid) so heartland share now worth over $10m. Revalue the holding in their books and profits would jump.
    Last edited by winner69; 18-10-2015 at 12:52 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think Roger was referring to the loans that Heartland have made through the Harmoney platform .... not an insignificant amount I believe

As an aside Harmoney valued at more than $100m (based on what latest new shareholder paid) so heartland share now worth over $10m. Revalue the holding in their books and profits would jump.
    I was...and that would be very creative accounting. I'm amazed they actually considered doing that !

Should HNZ miss out on a slice of the MTF pie,can anyone see where further growth with aquisitions would come from.

The Harmoney business model has its attractions especially its potential to cut high cost financial intermediaries like banks out of the loop.

However a large part of the business of lending is trying to determine who amongst your potential clients can’t or won’t pay the money back. Banks are pretty good at this as they have a good handle on their clients cash flows and financial behaviour. My opinion is they use the advantage this gives them to overcharge for credit.

Harmoney will not thrive unless it cracks the nut of assessing borrowers credit worthiness accurately.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

Duplicate post
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 19-10-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Harmoney will not thrive unless it cracks the nut of assessing borrowers credit worthiness accurately.
    Who says they haven't already? They have 30 categories of risk and defaults are (currently) running below estimates. Sure times have been good but banks get it wrong when times are bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I was...and that would be very creative accounting. I'm amazed they actually considered doing that !
    Did they actually say they were considering/considered bringing the 'profit' (so far) on this investment to profit?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Who says they haven't already? They have 30 categories of risk and defaults are (currently) running below estimates. Sure times have been good but banks get it wrong when times are bad too.
    My understanding is that Heartland and Harmoney have worked closely together on credit risk assessment and both companies have a very similar approach. I guess you would expect that given the amount of money Heartland invest via Harmoney.