sharetrader
Page 669 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 16956961965966566666766866967067167267367971976911691669 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 17390

If they get the issue underway in April then by May or June 16 they will be in a better position to judge how the economy is going, how their consumer and dairy loan books are performing, have some idea of the extent of provisioning for Fy16 in respect of same and the visibility on the dairy recovery, if any, should be better. Supreme court decision on MTF should be in by then too and due diligence done but I think MTF directors will play very, very hard to get and this could easily degenerate into a protracted Briscoes v Kathmandu situation. I'd imagine MTF directors like their comfortable position and directors fees just as much as Kathmandu directors do. Acting in best interests of shareholders or feathering their own nests ?

Banned

I was thinking the same, some big holders wants to empty the vault before existing.. my 2cents.

Investor

Well, for what its worth I got out of HNZ the other day and shifted those funds into better prospect like TIL. Between those two I'm sure HNZ would do ok, however TIL would fetch far better return in my opinion. I know this is not TIL thread, sorry for the distraction and back to HNZ discussion.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Well, for what its worth I got out of HNZ the other day and shifted those funds into better prospect like TIL. Between those two I'm sure HNZ would do ok, however TIL would fetch far better return in my opinion. I know this is not TIL thread, sorry for the distraction and back to HNZ discussion.
    I probably bought them mate. Just topping up a bit to increase my average buy in price of $ 0.67, Doubled my shares value in 4 years, expect same for the shares I just bought of you. My mate Roger is my guarantour with Percy a well positioned 2nd guarantor behind Roger.

I think I saw Roger passing through here yesterday morning, he was off down to Waimate on a wallaby hunt, they look like kangaroos and from what I hear he is doing extremely well.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I probably bought them mate. Just topping up a bit to increase my average buy in price of $ 0.67, Doubled my shares value in 4 years, expect same for the shares I just bought of you. My mate Roger is my guarantour with Percy a well positioned 2nd guarantor behind Roger.
    Good on ya mate.

I do believe in HNZ doing ok, however needed funds for further investment and that was only stock that could sell from portfolio.

Dilettante

Reserve Bank asking 5 banks to stress test dairy loans, but leaves HNZ out so obviously the RB is satisfied HNZ is well positioned !
    http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/reserve...loans-b-181416

percy

HNZ has low exposure to dairying.
    HNZ has low exposure to Auckland property market.[the odd REL]
    HNZ has no exposure to the Australian mining sector.
    HNZ has no exposure to the weak Australian manufacturing sector.
    HNZ has no exposure to the weak Australian retail sector.
    HNZ has no exposure to the Asian Banking sector.
    If HNZ has any exposure to Australian roperty sector it is only via REL loans where the security is first rate.
    HNZ has no exposure to the volatile wholesale market for funding.
    HNZ does no need to raise more capital,in fact they have excess.
    Yet the market will react as though HNZ alone are totally at risk with the dairy sector.
    Last edited by percy; 11-11-2015 at 01:12 PM.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    HNZ has low exposure to dairying.
    HNZ has low exposure to Auckland property market.[the odd REL]
    HNZ has no exposure to the Australian mining sector.
    HNZ has no exposure to the weak Australian manufacturing sector.
    HNZ has no exposure to the weak Australian retail sector.
    HNZ has no exposure to the Asian Banking sector.
    If HNZ has any exposure to Australian roperty sector it is only via REL loans where the security is first rate.
    HNZ has no exposure to the volatile wholesale market for funding.
    HNZ does no need to raise more capital,in fact they have excess.
    Yet the market will react as though HNZ alone are totally at risk with the dairy sector.
    Good post Percy.

I would like to point out however HNZ is exposed to one thing - upside potential of the shareprice. Quite a worry.