sharetrader
Page 685 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 18558563567568168268368468568668768868969573578511851685 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,850 of 17211
    percy

Well the agm presentations read well.
    On a steady growth trajectory.

IMO

Join the dots for me please percy. I don't want a share reduction or the cash.I will have to pay my broker to get back to my same holding; whats the point??? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Join the dots for me please percy. I don't want a share reduction or the cash.I will have to pay my broker to get back to my same holding; whats the point??? Thanks in advance.
    If you 'reinvest' the cash return you will have a greater share of the pie as they say
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If you 'reinvest' the cash return you will have a greater share of the pie as they say
    Yes, well put W69
    SCOTTY

Super Investor

Reading the CEOs address. I get the feeling HNZ have their niche finance sectors all sown up. It takes me back to the days working in Christchurch when Marac had more chattel securities than any other finance company.
    Last edited by h2so4; 11-12-2015 at 03:27 PM.
    h2

percy

Yes they are making those niches very profitable,and developing them further..
    I watched the webcast of the meeting. Just great not having to waste the whole day flying up and back for it.Saved enough to buy another 150 shares! All resolutions passed,and strategy for 2016 outlined.Looks to me 2016 will be another year of achievement.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Thanks. brokers will be happy I'm a trifle annoyed at having to pay a broker $60 top up. Everything else is pretty damn good.I will say it again its been quite remarkable the creation and rise of HNZ finding its niche's amongst the gargantiums; and flourishing.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 11-12-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes they are making those niches very profitable,and developing them further..
    I watched the webcast of the meeting. Just great not having to waste the whole day flying up and back for it.Saved enough to buy another 150 shares! All resolutions passed,and strategy for 2016 outlined.Looks to me 2016 will be another year of achievement.
    The webcast is as good as being there and can fast forward the large number of very stupid questions and comments from the floor. Do miss the quiet after meeting chat with Board and staff with the drinks and nibbles following the meeting. Often a good time to get some valuable titbits and opinions when everyone is more relaxed and forthcoming. -
    SCOTTY

Not all questions/comments were stupid Scotty

That shareholder near the end who stated his dismay at the composition of the Board was very insightful. After all the talk of niche and disruptive things he is right - a Board made up mainly of old fuddy duddies is a worry. Where were the younger (more switched on?) members and he correctly pointed out the woeful gender breakdown of the Board.

Sad thing was no response from Chairman, except rolling his eyes and probably thinking who let that person into the room.

Obviously not on Heartlands agenda to address such issues ...and that's maybe inhibiting them in doing even better.
    Last edited by winner69; 11-12-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Chairman actually handled the meeting quite well and did accept the comment about the age and gender make up of the board. The results of the voting showed the considerable shareholder support behind the board and staff. There were also a number of shareholders who made positive comments to the meeting. A major problem was that the grey brigade got to the food first after the meeting and hoovered it up before the rest of us who were chatting to the board and staff could get there. I guess it makes up for the low interest rates on cash deposits.
    However, the overall impression was of a well run company still in a growth stage. Risk of lending for these niche products was not really discussed and I was left wondering what would happen if there was another gfc...