sharetrader
Page 691 of 885 FirstFirst ... 191591641681687688689690691692693694695701741791 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 13266
  1. #10351
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I havent forgotten - which is why I still wont rate him above snake oil merchant
    Do you think he should put his own name in his''''never again list'''' ?

  2. #10352
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Do you think he should put his own name in his''''never again list'''' ?
    Classic.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......... ........lol.

  3. #10353
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    25,959

    Default

    The Australian

    ANZ Bank’s UDC Finance operation remains in the crosshairs of suitors, with Heartland Bank and two parties out of Asia in pursuit of the operation, according to sources, after an earlier deal to sell the business to China’s HNA collapsed.

    Jeff probably resigned to paying more than he really wants to after being ‘outbid’ last time

    In spite of Mr Lee speculates they could get for $600m and change
    Last edited by winner69; 19-01-2018 at 11:33 AM.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  4. #10354
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The Australian

    ANZ Bank’s UDC Finance operation remains in the crosshairs of suitors, with Heartland Bank and two parties out of Asia in pursuit of the operation, according to sources, after an earlier deal to sell the business to China’s HNA collapsed.

    Jeff probably resigned to paying more than he really wants to after being ‘outbid’ last time
    Geoff and the rest of the board may not feel the same way,as they have a great deal of their own wealth on the line.?
    With Heartland achieving their own very strong organic growth,the board my see any acquisition having to be eps accretive.

  5. #10355
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    15,586

    Default

    I think they're just better off continuing their pretty strong organic growth. Looks like a competitive process with two possible other suitors plus the option of floating it.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  6. #10356
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The Australian

    ANZ Bank’s UDC Finance operation remains in the crosshairs of suitors, with Heartland Bank and two parties out of Asia in pursuit of the operation, according to sources, after an earlier deal to sell the business to China’s HNA collapsed.

    Jeff probably resigned to paying more than he really wants to after being ‘outbid’ last time

    In spite of Mr Lee speculates they could get for $600m and change
    IMO should Asian interests be the purchasers,investors will continue to abandon the company and i'm also not sure if they will stick with the ship should HBL buy it.Ideal purchaser should have enough to fund its self,maybe an overseas bank not of Asian origin.

  7. #10357
    Veteran novice
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    6,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think they're just better off continuing their pretty strong organic growth. Looks like a competitive process with two possible other suitors plus the option of floating it.
    I wonder about the IPO option. Given the amount of funding required - ANZ has $2b advanced, supposedly - and in the absence of a strong "parent", it's difficult to see an IPO'd UDC with a sufficiently high credit rating to attract the funding required. Anyone care to postulate a scenario?

  8. #10358
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I wonder about the IPO option. Given the amount of funding required - ANZ has $2b advanced, supposedly - and in the absence of a strong "parent", it's difficult to see an IPO'd UDC with a sufficiently high credit rating to attract the funding required. Anyone care to postulate a scenario?

    A win win situation for Heartland.
    Heartland buy UDC for a reasonable price,and the benefits go to NZ shareholders and customers.
    Asian interests buy UDC for a high price,UDC customers and depositors go to Heartland,for no cost to Heartland..

  9. #10359
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eastern BoP..
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think they're just better off continuing their pretty strong organic growth. Looks like a competitive process with two possible other suitors plus the option of floating it.
    Agree. $1.49 this time last year $2.08 today. 39% plus divies..

    Don't rock the boat..

  10. #10360
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    2,935

    Default

    After the double top fail on 9/1 and breakdown of the steep rising trend line Oct-Jan, this with indicators pointing down and room to follow through, suggests an imminent test of the 50EMA currently 2.02 and possibly minor supports at 1.98-2.00 and solid technical support at 1.86.

  11. #10361

  12. #10362
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Disappointed that Jeff not recognised in the New Years Honours list. He deserved one for services to banking. After all he has taken something on its last legs to be one of the most successful bank in NZ. Another time maybe

    Good to see ‘diversity’ to the fore with the top Honours this time round. More new Dames than new Knights. That’s good ...maybe Heartland are on the track with their commitment to diversity.
    HBL doing its bit for Diversity. Laura Byrne appointed Head of People and Culture. (would really have ticked all boxes if she was Asian and had one leg) but at least a woman getting a promo is a good step along the way. (Is going from COO to HPC a promotion?)

  13. #10363
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    25,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    HBL doing its bit for Diversity. Laura Byrne appointed Head of People and Culture. (would really have ticked all boxes if she was Asian and had one leg) but at least a woman getting a promo is a good step along the way. (Is going from COO to HPC a promotion?)
    Laura was already part of the Senior Management Team. I suppose the encumbent HR person Sarah is moving on or something

    Having a women in charge of HR doesn't really cpunt as 'diversity'. A large proportion of these leaders are women ....maybe companies feel they need the warm fuzzy empathetic maternal touch to be in charge of people.

    Unless the new COO (assuming there will be one) is a woman the balance of diversity of Heartland Senior Manager won't change.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  14. #10364
    Legend peat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Whanganui, New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    (Is going from COO to HPC a promotion?)
    Exactly
    I tend to think of it as a token position
    eg Jackie Johnson (ex IAG NZ CEO) went to that role in IAG (Aus)

  15. #10365
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Laura was already part of the Senior Management Team. I suppose the encumbent HR person Sarah is moving on or something.
    hmm... that doesn't seem very diverse. Isn't it a Mans turn?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •