sharetrader
Page 696 of 1731 FirstFirst ... 19659664668669269369469569669769869970070674679611961696 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 17302

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    Have you been talking to any share-milkers lately? I had interesting chat to one the other day. He said production was up. Most farmers seem to be very aware of how cyclical their industry is. As with any industry during this part of the cycle they will be looking to drive efficiencies and defer non essential CAPEX.
    No but I had an interesting conversation with a dairy farmer who purchased astutely during the recent "white gold" era. He reckoned he could make money all the way down to $3.00/Kg.

You are right most will make it through, but history of rural slumps shows us there are some who do not remain in the industry.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 28-01-2016 at 02:58 PM. Reason: duplicate word

Heartland keen on this P2P stuff with their tie up with Harmoney. They did mention a while ago that they had put more than $50m through that platform. Obviously more now. Probably new business for them so a driver of growth.

Harmoney website and what punters are saying on the Harmoney thread looks like returns are between 12% to 15% (RAR). Not too shabby

But some of the stories told on the Harmoney thread are a bit of a worry. Does seem to be a lot of dodgy stuff and a lot of non-performing loans. One hopes that Heartland is cherry picking the 'better' ones are less exposed to the loans for say to buy tickets and flights too rock concert. Future bad debts keptvtona minimum I hope.

Harmoney a Heartland shop front - hardly P2P lending is it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Heartland keen on this P2P stuff with their tie up with Harmoney. They did mention a while ago that they had put more than $50m through that platform. Obviously more now. Probably new business for them so a driver of growth.

Harmoney website and what punters are saying on the Harmoney thread looks like returns are between 12% to 15% (RAR). Not too shabby

But some of the stories told on the Harmoney thread are a bit of a worry. Does seem to be a lot of dodgy stuff and a lot of non-performing loans. One hopes that Heartland is cherry picking the 'better' ones are less exposed to the loans for say to buy tickets and flights too rock concert. Future bad debts keptvtona minimum I hope.

Harmoney a Heartland shop front - hardly P2P lending is it
    I haven't read that thread. My Harmoney portfolio is running at 17.07% against the 12.66% average. Pretty happy so far after 12 months. No defaults at this point.

I allocate every $25 note individually and read whatever sob story the applicant has put up. I also stay away from smaller towns and go for people in the main centres, plus a few other judgements on their time oat employment etc.

Heartland can't be immune from this problem. They no doubt asking some dairy customers to sell up as well

Hopefully an update at H1 results

Bankers warn more forced NZ dairy farm sales likely following payout drop

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/a...yout-drop.html

My mate Cam says

@ANZ_cambagrie: Net migration inflow of 5.5k in dec. not as strong as nov and oct but still strong. Record number of tourists in December

Hope that a lot of the 120,000 odd new migrants in 215 opened accounts and did business with Hesrtland

Shareprice down 9% from recent highs

Banned

Shareprice down 9% from recent highs
    Which means what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshiva View Post
    Which means what exactly?
    Underperformance

Since hitting $1.35 Heartland down 9% while NZX50 up 1%
    Last edited by winner69; 01-02-2016 at 04:03 PM.

a number of dairy properties on marginal land for sale, some will never be economic based on realistic forward price ranges, this is going to go on a lot longer than people expect, a med -debt farmer going into a second season of these lower prices will take five years to turn it around...don't see any bank waiting that long and that is assuming prices recover next season which is doubtful... expect all banks to increase their provisions..

P to P is a bad move IMHO..way too influenced by where we are at in the economic cycle plus main trading bank 0% credit card deals for 12 month gobble up consumer finance of any quality real quick.

dis. Now not holding

Banned

Underperformance

Since hitting $1.35 Heartland down 9% while NZX50 up 1%
    The share price is underperforming or the company is underperforming?