sharetrader
Page 697 of 1738 FirstFirst ... 19759764768769369469569669769869970070170774779711971697 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 17380

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshiva View Post
    The share price is underperforming or the company is underperforming?
    The share price underperforming the NZX50

Company underperforming - you tell me.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

We will find out before the end of feb. The capital return did use 1.20 as an example. Market must be reading into this. They should have used 1.60 right????

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    a number of dairy properties on marginal land for sale, some will never be economic based on realistic forward price ranges, this is going to go on a lot longer than people expect, a med -debt farmer going into a second season of these lower prices will take five years to turn it around...don't see any bank waiting that long and that is assuming prices recover next season which is doubtful... expect all banks to increase their provisions..

P to P is a bad move IMHO..way too influenced by where we are at in the economic cycle plus main trading bank 0% credit card deals for 12 month gobble up consumer finance of any quality real quick.dis. Now not holding
    More on how some cunning people are using the 0% credit card deals to their advantage here...astute people with large undrawn credit card limits are very "well positioned"
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...rest-free-game
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    We will find out before the end of feb. The capital return did use 1.20 as an example. Market must be reading into this. They should have used 1.60 right????
    Maybe they were being optimistic even with that $1.20

Did I just see $1.21 - jeez sinking like a lead balloon

Aren't things going to plan or something in Heartland land?

Jeez, thought it was going to close at $1.20 but a bit of a recovery in the final wash up

Must be a few nervous nellies out there

Snoopy on the ANZ thread has done a lot of work analysing UDC and to some extent comparing it to Heartland.

The last paragraph of his last post is interesting and relevant to this thread -

snoopy - Of course we all know that UDC isn't a 'real' finance company, even to the extent that they don't have to keep the Reserve Bank updated on their financial position. As long as the parent ANZ New Zealand (who have full control of the UDC purse strings) keeps their own disclosure up to date, the UDC are off the radar as far as the Reserve Bank of NZ is concerned. In practice UDC are simply a 'marketing arm' of the ANZ. If anything that might make UDC potentially more 'reckless' than fully independently owned finance companies. That's because they know that ANZ Bank will bail them out if they get into trouble. So I think it is interesting that in practice UDC are less reckless with their lending policies (hold a lower relative provision for credit impairment on the balance sheet) than Heartland.
    Hope Snoops doesn't mind me posting it here but his work does deserve some consideration.
    Last edited by winner69; 02-02-2016 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez, thought it was going to close at $1.20 but a bit of a recovery in the final wash up

Must be a few nervous nellies out there
    And on HERE.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    And on HERE.
    I'm not nervous, unlike NZ Oil and Gas, management of HNZ know what they are doing. People are just taking a 'breather', once another set great results come out, we'll see the ladder to the $1.40's come out again.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy Diverted on Final Approach

This was going to be a simple post along the lines that the share price has taken a sharp turn southwards since they changed their name to have the word Bank in it and thus, obviously, this was a bad thing to have done.

But then I noticed this...

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Snoopy on the ANZ thread has done a lot of work analysing UDC and to some extent comparing it to Heartland.

The last paragraph of his last post is interesting and relevant to this thread -

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    ...Of course we all know that UDC isn't a 'real' finance company, even to the extent that they don't have to keep the Reserve Bank updated on their financial position. As long as the parent ANZ New Zealand (who have full control of the UDC purse strings) keeps their own disclosure up to date, the UDC are off the radar as far as the Reserve Bank of NZ is concerned. In practice UDC are simply a 'marketing arm' of the ANZ. If anything that might make UDC potentially more 'reckless' than fully independently owned finance companies. That's because they know that ANZ Bank will bail them out if they get into trouble. So I think it is interesting that in practice UDC are less reckless with their lending policies (hold a lower relative provision for credit impairment on the balance sheet) than Heartland.

SNOOPY
    Hope Snoops doesn't mind me posting it here but his work does deserve some consideration.
    So I have read all of Snoopy's original post and checked his figures and have no complaints there (though if anybody does want a good discussion of what are applicable inclusions and exclusions - do not phone me)...

But...

If UDC have a 1.43% impairment provision and Heartland have a 1.09% impairment provision then I do not see how the emphasised conclusion can be drawn from the data.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I'm not nervous, unlike NZ Oil and Gas, management of HNZ know what they are doing. People are just taking a 'breather', once another set great results come out, we'll see the ladder to the $1.40's come out again.
    Hopefully you're right with that, HBL (ex HNZ) is below some peoples exit price, even back to April 2015. It can be a long time between drinks if you're waiting for the 'next announcement'. That hasn't worked for quite some time now, in terms of SP capital appreciation.