sharetrader
Page 70 of 1748 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374801201705701070 ... LastLast

And to top it all off yahoo now have the data for incrediblecharts,now it just has to break the 70c resistance and away we go.

Blobbles, last I heard they run on Finzsoft's Sovereign. Might not be current, but if so, doesn't clang my bell for mainstream banking

IMO

Thanks for the AGM report Percy.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks for the AGM report Percy.
    My pleasure.
    You will be pleased know, I was the first to clap when the special dividend was announced by the chairman.!!! lol

Dilettante

Thanks for your report Percy. I understand what you say about HNZ not taking on the big banks at their game (previous posts) but it stills concerns me as a shareholder that they do not intend to be a real bank. I am overweight on this stock and watching with interest, so very much appreciate the opposing and challenging posts we see on Sharetrader

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Thanks for your report Percy. I understand what you say about HNZ not taking on the big banks at their game (previous posts) but it stills concerns me as a shareholder that they do not intend to be a real bank. I am overweight on this stock and watching with interest, so very much appreciate the opposing and challenging posts we see on Sharetrader
    They are not the new Westpac.Not trying to be. In fact they are staying away from the big boys.There is space for them. Reread the presentation,and see where they are.
    They have done everything [bar the bank licence] they said they would.I can only say that if I was overweight I would go to bed having sweet dreams tonight after today's after todays agm.A friend of mine is overweight in them too,and couldn't attend the agm.I sent him an email saying "you should have brought more." !!!!!!!!!!
    Depends what you really mean by real bank.I take it internet banking etc,which I believe they can do now.Clanging Xerof's bells, I don't think they ever will.
    You have an investment in a fine company.Sweet dreams.
    ps.Please come to next agm.I hope Forest shares with us his throughts on the agm.
    Last edited by percy; 01-12-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Hi Percy

Thanks very much for attending the AGM and your most helpfull and informative report. Hard to believe that you were at the same meeting as the chap from the "Press" !!

Cheers
    SCOTTY

percy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    After some familar names kept cropping up in south island business I did a bit of digging ... Its a cosy little club down there isn't it? Hope someone is keeping an eye on the dealings done by those few.
    Bruce Irvine,Christchurch,Chairman ex PGC.
    Jeff Greenslade,Aucland [I think] MD ex PGC.
    Gary Leech,Ashburton,ex CSB.
    Graham Kennedy,Ashburton,ex CSB.
    Christopher Mace,Auckland,ex SCBS.
    Geoffrey Ricketts,Aucland,ex SCBS.
    No cosy club that I can see.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Hi Percy

Thanks very much for attending the AGM and your most helpfull and informative report. Hard to believe that you were at the same meeting as the chap from the "Press" !!

Cheers
    The Press have again let down their readers [again] with such poor coverage.
    Pity they thought it was so important to report the old girl and retired [20 or 30 years ago] diary farmer,who thought they were at the PGC agm.!!!!
    Luckily the HNZ presentation is available on NZX site under announcements.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    percy, you'll never make very good intelligence operative if that's the best you can do. Try this: if you're familiar with the concept of "Six degrees of separation" then try working some of the names and south island business, both public and private, relationships through the same process and see just how often a core set of names keep coming up.
    Same right through NZ business.We will always get this in such a small country.Luckily no Dunedin Mafia on board.[yet]