sharetrader
Page 730 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 23063068072072672772872973073173273373474078083012301730 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 17390
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Default World First

So, for the first time EVER I have participated in a DRP (Dividend Reinvestment Plan) and I am now the proud owner of a few more HBLs.

So just need to wait and see if this re-capitalization thing happens and they take them, and more, away again.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 05-04-2016 at 02:20 PM. Reason: misplaced comma
    om mani peme hum

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    So just need to wait and see if this re-capitalization thing happens and they take them, and more, away again.
    HBL appear to have gone very quiet on this. There is a very short note in the HY report that states they still believe in returning excess capital to shareholders. However no mentoion of a buy back, or raising tier 2 capital. So we will just have to wait and see.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    HBL appear to have gone very quiet on this. There is a very short note in the HY report that states they still believe in returning excess capital to shareholders. However no mentoion of a buy back, or raising tier 2 capital. So we will just have to wait and see.
    I think with the volatility in world markets, sellers of financial businesses may have lowered their expectations,making an acquisition by Heartland Bank the more likely option,than the share buy back.
    Last edited by percy; 05-04-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Issue of Tier 2 Capital Instrument

Heartland advised the market on 18 August 2015 of its intention for Heartland
    Bank to issue a Tier 2 regulatory capital instrument (Tier 2 Capital) during
    the financial year as part of its capital management strategy, subject to
    market conditions remaining favourable.

Heartland's current intention is for the Continuing Company to proceed with
    the issue of Tier 2 Capital in April 2016
    . At this stage, the indicative
    issue amount is $50 million with up to $25 million of oversubscriptions. An
    issue of Tier 2 Capital would improve the Continuing Company's capital
    efficiency through diversification of the sources and types of capital
    funding, and would mean that the Continuing Company's capital structure is
    more closely aligned with that of other New Zealand registered banks.

No shareholder approvals would be required to effect the Tier 2 Capital
    issue, though further information will be provided in the Notice of Meeting
    to shareholders for the upcoming Annual Meeting.
    There's been a fair bit of water under the bridge since 18 August 2015 so I suppose one might ponder whether market conditions have remained favourable since this announcement. If one thinks they have then an announcement of this issue must be imminent.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-04-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    So, for the first time EVER I have participated in a DRP (Dividend Reinvestment Plan) and I am now the proud owner of a few more HBLs.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/233188.pdf

You are in esteemed company participating in the DRP with Mr. Greenslade? For me it's a good sign to see him in the DRP too.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    There's been a fair bit of water under the bridge since 18 August 2015 so I suppose one might ponder whether market conditions have remained favourable since this announcement. If one thinks they have then an announcement of this issue must be imminent.
    Roger they did also indicate at the same time that they were looking a Tier 2 capital issue in the absence of any good acquisition opportunities presenting themselves. Maybe they have something lined up that they are running their ruler over !?

Latest Global Dairy Trade auction - prices UP 2.1%

Dairy prices chart showing a positive bias - i can see Roger becoming a Heartland shareholder again
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Prob Jeff's bid was a bit on the low side
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Latest Global Dairy Trade auction - prices UP 2.1%

Dairy prices chart showing a positive bias - i can see Roger becoming a Heartland shareholder again
    My view is unchanged from that expressed in post #6562, page 438 on 20/10/2015 except that clearly the dairy industry is clearly in worse shape now than six months ago.
    I see yesterday that the latest business confidence survey has turned negative and separately the BNZ warned on alarming rates of credit growth running at pre GFC level's.
    The correction in banking stocks reflects the fact that its currently a tough environment for banks to shine and investors have genuine concerns over future bad debt provisioning.
    HBL in good shape to weather the challenges ahead to be fair and provides a solid fully imputed dividend yield. Probably 7.5 cps in total this year so that's (7.5 / 0.72) / 118 = 8.8% gross yield. Probably the best of the Australasian banks to own if one feels it's in their interests to have an exposure to this sector at present.

Roger they did also indicate at the same time that they were looking a Tier 2 capital issue in the absence of any good acquisition opportunities presenting themselves. Maybe they have something lined up that they are running their ruler over !? Iceman
    To the best of my recollection mate they were simply going to go ahead with the issue regardless and if they didn't acquire something they were going to do the buy-back of their own shares.
    Speaking or targets and MTF, where did things get too with the Supreme court decision, anyone know ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-04-2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Answered Iceman's question that I missed earlier and asked another

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    ...Probably the best of the Australasian banks to own if one feels it's in their interests to have an exposure to this sector at present.
    It looks like The Government is changing the ownership matrix of Kiwibank: https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/233264.pdf

NZ Super fund and ACC are each to take a stake in Kiwi Group Holdings leaving NZ Post with 55%. Will this ownership musical chairs be preparatory to selling a tranche to the NZ public or will it be instead of a public listing? It would be good to have Kiwibank as a complementary NZ Bank share listing alongside HBL.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 06-04-2016 at 12:18 PM.