sharetrader
Page 770 of 1739 FirstFirst ... 2706707207607667677687697707717727737747808208701270 ... LastLast
Results 7,691 to 7,700 of 17390
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Wrong. This definition is unique to yourself and helps cause the confusion that follows.

So your first step must be to reboot, determine the correct definition and then proceed to analysis.
    I have decided to avoid a pointless argument and accept macduffys point (equivalent to your implied point) and change what I have written regarding 'impairment' in my post "Do the accounts tell a consistent story? (background)" .

Of course this makes absolutely no difference to the overall point I was making in the post, and all conclusions and implications remain. Since I know PT:

1/ that you are smart enough to know this. AND
    2/ you have made no argument aginst the points I brought up in discussion part of the post,

I take this to mean you accept the point I was making.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 08-06-2016 at 06:51 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    Snoopy, I suspected that If i got a reply it would be a long one and as my attention span is rather short I fell asleep whilst reading it . But never mind we live in a democracy and freedom of speech is paramount, if slightly taxing at times.
    cheers kiwigold
    Am curious! Y is yr attn spn so sht?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Am curious! Y is yr attn spn so sht?

SNOOPY
    Would you mind repeating that.............................................. ........................??

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Default Just finished reading a P G Wodehouse on the plane back.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I have decided to avoid a pointless argument and accept macduffys point (equivalent to your implied point) and change what I have written regarding 'impairment' in my post "Do the accounts tell a consistent story? (background)" .

Of course this makes absolutely no difference to the overall point I was making in the post, and all conclusions and implications remain. Since I know PT:

1/ that you are smart enough to know this. AND
    2/ you have made no argument aginst the points I brought up in discussion part of the post,

I take this to mean you accept the point I was making.

SNOOPY
    I say Snoopy old chap, you rather seem to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick completely!

What I was getting at, and I thought I was being dashed polite with my phraseology so to speak, anyway, what I was getting at is that those opening two chapters of your "Do the accounts tell a consistent story" novel, well the plot is a rather off-course right from the get-go.

If I was you, and obviously I am not, after all there can only be one Snoopy much the same as there is only one Paper Tiger Esquire, feline of leisure and connoisseur of accounts, but just to assume for a moment that I had been running the old pinkies over the typewriter and come up with something running off the track even before getting to the first corner like that, well, I would put the whole thing in a sack with a large rock and heaved the whole bally thing into the first spot of deep water I could find.
    The pond in the woods would be best, if the head gardener got wind of a manuscript chucking session at the lily pond there would be an early rose pruning session, can't understand for a moment why Lady Constance keeps the man, absolutely no sense of humour when it comes to goings on in the formal gardens.

After indulging in that fine bit of sack throwing, enough exercise for a day for anyone, then I would find some nice spot where nature was doing its thing, you know the leaves rustling in the breeze while the birds sit on the boughs merrily trilling away, do a bit of the old research on back issues of Heartland form books as well as one of those investment encyclopedia tomes to help get the grey matter round the tricky parts and I wager you sixpence that I would be off and running like the favourite in the three thirty with a much more realistic little treatise.
    Guaranteed best seller, One that any publisher would be so keen to take on that they would advance the train fare home.

Pretty sure I just heard the dinner gong and here I am still in my second best outdoor tweeds, I must dash off and swap them for the evening penguin suit, tootle-pip and

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS Lady Constance sends her regards and wonders if you are coming up to Blandings this Summer?

PPS Do drop us a telegram either way.
    om mani peme hum

Membaa

Jolly amusing all this what, who to believe or take seriously! Lol, the one on the cannabis, or the one on the can of piss, or the one taking the piss, or the one who is already pissed, or perhaps the one who is pissed off, or the one who is off piste? Hmm.

Entertaining nevertheless.

IMO

Heehee.Thumbs up all around for the good sporting humour ; Jeeves ghostwriting, wit and word playing with a little learning thrown in. . A welcome break from the earnest self enrichment dry as a dusty gulch endeavours that is the norm/form in this unfortunate occupation which i have ended up in.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 09-06-2016 at 08:21 AM.

percy

Well I think Snoopy's book is going to be a world first.
    A runaway best seller.
    Unique.
    A business story,along the lines of a murder mystery ,but where the readers have to tell the author who dunit.!!..

Unsolicited offer of 1.40 coming from Acasta Ltd payable over 10 years.HBL have set up an alternate plan.Not being very clued up,means i will take some time for me to digest

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Unsolicited offer of 1.40 coming from Acasta Ltd payable over 10 years.HBL have set up an alternate plan.Not being very clued up,means i will take some time for me to digest
    Can anyone please explain more about today announcement? THanks

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Can anyone please explain more about today announcement? THanks
    Just an offer to help sell small holdings <10,000 shares without paying brokerage etc

To counter some ratbag who is trying to 'steal' these shares off unsuspecting shareholders

You wouldn't have sold yours anyway

Nothing more / nothing less

Some would say Heartland again just doing the decent thing
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”